Stayed at the Athens Hilton for a major conference in May 2014. The hotel is perfectly situated in central Athens close to the Acropolis. It is also close to the excellent Metro system that works perfectly and is easy to use – even for a non-native.
The hotel is an elderly hotel, however it has obviously been updated and appears modern and appealing. The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was one of the cheaper rooms on the “backside” of the hotel but still it had a nice view over parts of the city. Unfortunately I did not have a view to the Acropolis as the more expensive rooms did.
The room was large and well equipped with flat screen TV, WiFi, minibar, coffee brewer, safe deposit box, ironing board (and iron) and hairdryer. It also had a large balcony with a seating arrangement. On the downside it should be noted that the flat screen TV was a modest 1st generation set – and not in the modern HDTV format as would have been expected. It should also be taken into consideration that WiFi is normally not complimentary in this hotel. The same goes for the fitness room and pool where quite a high fee is being charged when used. According to the hotel information these fees, however, only applies to residents of the cheaper rooms. Also, the cleaning standard was not what would have been expected in a hotel this class.
The hotel has several nice bars where especially the rooftop bar has a magnificent view of the city. Care should be taken, however, as the bars are extremely expensive – even to Scandinavian standards.
In conclusion the Athens Hilton is a very nice hotel perfectly situated in central Athens. It can certainly be recommended if you are willing to spend what it takes to get one of the better rooms in the hotel. If your budget calls for a one of the “cheaper” rooms you should consider if you get enough value for money or perhaps would be better off choosing another hotel in the great city of Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens