“Nice, but noisy and expensive”
Review of Hilton Athens

Ranked #17 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed there on a business trip this week. Rooms are very nice and comfortable, but, at least on the street side, very noisy. Internet was also not working, while very expensice, 20€ - which is not acceptable any more. Not my choice for the next trip, I'm afraid.

Room Tip: Ask for a "non street" side ! if you need a quiet room.
2  Thank Michel G
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Athens earlier this month.

Although you were satisfied with the comfort of your room, we noted with concern that you were annoyed by the street noise. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. While all windows are double glazed, however your point has been noted and reviewed with our Chief Engineer.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

good staff, nice but old fashioned Hotel rooms clean and smart, but price of internet a rip off, as well as over expensive drinks, that just spoilt the whole thing. 10 euros for the internet per night, and 8 euro's for the water in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hilton Athens on Tripadvisor.

Your points of concern about the internet and drink charges have been taken into consideration and brought to the attention of my team.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I spent several nights in this hotel in November. As we were part of a tour group, we were on a lower floor for the first part of our trip. Once they discovered I was a Gold member, we were upgraded when we returned. Both rooms were similar, very clean and with almost the same type of amenities. On the upper floor we had access to the lounge on the 11th Floor and the view there was wonderful. We were able to relax and read newspapers in the early evening with a great view of the Acropolis. There is also, the Galaxy bar, on the top floor. They have wonderful food and an excellent view of the Acropolis. The drinks come with appetizers and, therefore, are not nearly as pricy as they might appear. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The location was close to other restaurants as well as to the Metro. We bought a day pass and did not have any trouble navigating to the various sites. Overall, the welcoming atmosphere at this Hotel made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Acropolis, but if you do not get it, make sure you visit the Galaxy bar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BEETOO

Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for your positive review.

It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit, the hotel's amenities, the comfort of your room, the friendly and welcoming attitude of our team. Your input has been passed on to my colleagues, and has been greatly appreciated!

Do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Hilton Athens is an exceptional property in one of the most beautiful parts of the city, yet only a 15-minute walk from the very centre, The hotel is huge, however the staff seem very organized indeed.

We were upgraded to an Executive room, which gave us access to the Executive lounge with one of the best views of Athens ever! Food was more than one would expect from "dinner and cocktails" at other Hiltons in Europe.

Breakfast choice was excellent and we agreed it was one of the best we ever had.

Well-done!

Room Tip: Go for the room with the view of the Acropolis - you will not regret it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UV4ever
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review about your July's stay at the Hilton Athens.

We were pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit and were satisfied with all the facilities and services rendered. Your positive feedback will be passed on to my team.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the not distant future!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Checked in on 10th November and stayed 3 nights: Room 540.

Excellent view overseeing the Acropolis! Very good customer services throughout. Only 15 minutes walk to get to the Parliament (or town centre).

Thank you Hilton (except no free wifi even in the lounge or reception area ^_^)!

• Stayed: November 2013
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Sir/Madame,

We would like to thank you for your warm comments about the Hilton Athens!

It is so nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay here, enjoying the facilities and customer services provided.

Do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city of Athens.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in this big, soulless hotel for a few days during a business trip.

Rooms are big and clean, the bathroom is definitely an advantage (big bathtub, rain shower, etc) as well as a very comfy bed. Although clearly not new, eg. only one of my phones worked and although I was in the ‘non-smoking wing’, I could smell a stale hint of cigarettes (but it has to be admitted that I am super sensitive to that).

The receptionist who ‘welcomed’ me at the hotel behaved as if she couldn’t care less bordering on rude, she pointed me to a different restaurant than the one I asked about. I rarely complain, but this was something I have never seen before (even in hostels!!!). I was stunned again, when the receptionist checking me out turned out to be absolutely lovely and super helpful. So be ready to find a broad variety.

My mood improved a lot when I went for dinner at Milos. The restaurant does not belong to the hotel, and it was fantastic. Also, do visit their rooftop bar. Even on a cold evening you can still stay outside as they have heaters on, drinking cocktails and admiring beautifully illuminated Acropolis.

But if you expect reasonable prices judging by the headline price of your accommodation, you might be disappointed. The EUR7.5 price tag on a 0.7l water bottle (not even EUR6 as someone mentioned in previous reviews) left on my desk literally knocked me out. I didn’t dare to check the minibar prices. Access to WiFi costs EUR20/day (I had to call switchboard to find out about it) and you pay another EUR15 to enter the fitness centre (including the pool). The price per night was low, but I had no view, my room was facing a noisy street (I like to sleep with windows open if possible) and adding up all the ‘extras’ I am not sure it was actually THAT cheap.

All in all, it is one of the very few hotels in town which can accommodate huge groups and I believe that to be the sole reason for its existence. I would not stay there while traveling for leisure.

Room Tip: Rooms without a view are really without a view. Rooms ending with 48,49 (no view) & 50,51 (wit...
1  Thank szansonistka

Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for giving us the opportunity to welcome and accommodate you here at the Hilton Athens on the occasion of your recent business trip.

We noted with concern that you were not quite satisfied with your visit. Your feedback has been taken into serious consideration and reviewed with my team in order to take corrective actions where possible.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not distant future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Spent one night there and had a late lunch and a morning breakfast. Rooms are fine and clean (the acropolis view needs very good glasses as it will be quite far, Imwould guess 1-2 miles). The lunch buffet is very good, especially the salad bar (cannot beat a Greek salad) while the main dishs are just ok. Breakfast is very rich and will fulfill your expectations.
Two downsides.
First, I have never seen a major hotel in which you pay for wifi also in the lobby. In the room connection for up to three devices is 20 euros for 24 hours (cannot do less) which is some steep price in my opinion. Wifi is free only inside the bar and restaurant.
Second, I was very surprised to find out that I had to pay 15 euros every time I wanted to use the fitness room (and spa). I feel that is also very uncommon and too steep for guests in a hotel such as Hilton. There is a very busy intersection in front of the hotel but there is a tiny park for running approximately 1/5 of a mile away, I suggest you ask for it. And it is free of charge, albeit very busy with people getting to and off work at peak hours.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Athens on your visit to our city in October.

We were pleased to read that you were satisfied with the condition of your room, as well as the morning and lunch offerings.

Your points about the wifi service and Spa/Gym prices have been noted and taken into consideration.

Do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,