Rooms are better than comfortable; staff is efficient and helpful; food is good; nothing to dislike!
This is a large hotel and I stayed midweek when it seemed relatively quiet. It's in a good location, especially if you want to squeeze in a quick visit to the Acropolis site and original Olympic stadium (you can even run a lap). Breakfast provides a mighty selection of anything you could wish for - fruit, cereals, meat (hot and cold), cheeses, breads, yogurts, cooked items, traditional Greek foods and new-world specialities. Business rooms are good and dealing with staff on set-ups, connections etc. was easy. It is a pity that this hotel charges quite a lot for WIFI access - surely hotels should now be offering this free as standard!!
The hotel is about 20 minutes (not rush hour) from the airport. If you have a spare hour or two, get a taxi to the Acropolis site, spend 45 - 60 mins there and then walk down the hill towards the new Acropolis museum (you'll love his if you like walking on glass floors). After leaving the museum walk back towards the Hilton (don't worry it's an easy walk) and you will pass by the stadium where the first modern Olympic games were held in 1896. This is certainly worth a visit and well worth the 3 Euro fee. The Hilton hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the stadium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens