We are on our honeymoon, and due to concerns over the protests in Syntagma Square (where the prominent luxury hotels reside), we opted for Hilton. I accrue a lot of reward points through Citi, so I used the points to book the room. When booking the room, I let them know we were on our honeymoon and asked for a high room (preferably with a view of the acropolis). They did not accomodate the request nor did we receive any sort of preferential touches. We were checked into a room on the 5th floor with a mountain view that was really just a slight glimpse of some mountain tops above buildings. They also placed us right above a disco that didnt allow us to sleep all night (I kid you not it was as if I was in the club). We did not complain though since after traveling from the US we were quite jet legged & only staying 3 nights ...Onto the value, wifi is 18 euro ($26) per night (discounted if you buy more than one night) & you can only use it on ONE device (so forget about your phone or ipad if you added it to your laptop, lets say). One drink at the rooftop bar will average you 17 euros ($25!) for a regular size alcholic beverage (mojito, martini, etc) with some of the special cocktails running as high as 26 euros (yes folks, one drink!). Now, this is the most I have paid for a drink in my life, surpassing the $25 humongous tiki bowl drink we had at a rooftop bar in Vegas that was 6x the size. The pool is also a significant added daily charge unless you're Hilton Gold I believe. The rooms themselves however are very good/nicely decorated and the buffet breakfast is terrific. This hotel is however best suited for business travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens