We choose this hotel after we cancelled our booking at the King George (as they didn't have an outdoor swimming pool). The Hilton is in a nicer location (mostly down to protestors in the square). The hotel is easy to find on foot from the Metro. It's a 10 minute walk from Evangalismo Metro Station and it's so easy to get to from the Airport. It takes longer with luggage and you have to cross a few main roads. Traffic does stop so it's not an issue. We stayed here 6 nights in July.
Do take your booking voucher with you as the daytime reception staff couldn't find our booking on the system. They gave us a room whilst they attempted to contact the company. It was sorted within a couple of days but it was a little disconcerting for us.
The room was large and spacious. The room was always nice and cool. The bathroom was large and clean. If you are a light sleeper then ask for a room on a higher floor. I only noticed the traffic sometimes. The bed was comfortable enough but the pillows left much to be desired and as a result it didn't help my sleep or partners sleep. The rooms were clean and the house keeping lady was really nice and friendly. Our room overlooked the swimming pool area. The swimming pool was large, clean and there were loads of sunbeds.
Breakfast was great as there was so much variety and choice. The restaurant was busy most days we were there. The bread for toasting could have been better. They hotel staff weren't good at making tea. A large pot of water with a single teabag made it very watery and undrinkable. We had to ask for more tea-bags. Since i'm mentioning tea-bags there are no English breakfast teabags in the rooms. Take your own if you like your tea.
The hotel staff evening staff were friendlier than the day staff, especially Dimitri. He gave my partner good recommendations. The ones he mentioned we visited and we really enjoyed the food there.
The Hilton does have two restaurants and a bar but these are not cheap (so don't be surprised by the prices). It's to be expected in the capital of Greece! The Galaxy bar has great views of Athens and it's a must do. The hotel is in a nice area. There's restaurants right behind the hotel itself. Dimitri and Grigoris is a good option if you arrive like us quite late and you're tired and don't wish to search for decent place to eat. There's quite a few restaurants there, on the little square right next to the Caravel Hotel. There is a pharmacy nearby too. Very helpful if like me you were ill during your stay.
We didn't have any problem jumping on the Metro to our various destinations. We found using it really easy. Buy a weekly ticket, what a bargain. The hotel is next to an art gallery (we didn't visit). Down the main street there is the Benaki Museum, Museum of Cycladic Art, and the War plane Museum (forgot the name). Kolonaki is not far and you will find Mt. Lycabettus (Likavitos) at the very top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens