Plaka Hotel
Hotel Tempi(Athens)
Athos Hotel(Athens)
  • Room Service
3,539 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationwithin walking distancefree tea and coffeebreakfast roomrooftop viewsyntagma squarean amazing viewflea marketroof gardenancient agoracentral locationmajor sitesgreek yogurtbreakfast was excellentrestaurants and shopswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have recently traveled to Greece despite the social unrest in the area. When we were staying at Athens, there were multiple strikes happening everyday. The hotel staff were really helpful in posting the strikes that were scheduled the day and potential strikes happening in the next few days everyday on the elevator and in the main hotel lobby.

On our first day of arrival, the public transport were on strike. The next day, public transport was back into service, yet taxis were on strike. Therefore, we were so grateful that we chose this excellent hotel location where we could basically walk everywhere on foot. This location is really close to Acropolis and the street markets inside the small little alleys, not to mention the shopping street that is full of famous Spanish brands like ZARA, Pull and Bear and Bershka and many others. We have thought about another location next to Syntagma Square before. Yet in retrospect, we wouldn't have chosen the one next to Syntagma Square simply because most of the sight-seeing places and museums are closer to Acropolis than anywhere else. On the Syntagma Square side, there were basically just the parliament and the square itself.

One thing to note, the breakfast is extremely good for a hotel like this. A large variety of selections and really fresh food. Definitely the highest quality breakfast food during my whole trip even in the resorts on the islands.

Highly recommend this hotel for my friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you were very happy with your choice by staying in our hotel.
I am also pleased that though you came during the strikes, we were able to offer you an enjoyable and profitable stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I spent 4 nights here in early October 2011. I booked the room as a single, and got a room with a double bed, though it was smaller than other rooms in the hotel. There was a small balcony, but since the room was on a lower floor, the view was of the back of the surrounding buildings. Everything in the room was clean, modern, and in good repair. The bed was the most comfortable of any I had in Greece. It was a cozy and comfortable place for a single woman to return to at night. The bathroom had a roomy shower, and was quite nice. The breakfast room was a bustling place in the morning, a little too crowded, but the food was varied and good. Free coffee and tea in the late afternoon, and the great rooftop terrace were added bonuses. The location initially seemed not so great while dragging my bags from Syntagma Square after dark, but as I explored the area the next day I found how convenient it was to historical sites and restaurants, and after a little orientation to the city I realized it was a great choice.

The only downside I can report is that the price of wifi/internet access was quite high, considering that every other hotel I used in Greece offered it for free. I think it was something like 2 Euros for 20 minutes if I recall correctly. From a service point of view the person staffing the front desk was unable to help me with locating a proper wine store and a good bakery, pointing me to a mini-mart. There was a guest services representative approaching people in the breakfast room asking if she could help with anything, maybe she would have been better able to help, but I didn't think to ask at that time.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and gladly stay there again. I booked through one of the large booking sites, and paid $100 per night, single, which I felt was an excellent value for the condition of the room and location in a major city with a major tourist presence.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, as well as the easy access to all Archeological sites.
Your comments are mostly appreciated.
Kind regards

Reviewed November 4, 2011

The manager Dorina...was very very helpful..helped us with sight seeing,bookings of restaurants..
excellent location...small rooms but neat n clean..nice breakfast....close access to all sight seeing in Athens...

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure meeting you and I am so pleased to read that our advise was helpful to you. Hope to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed at the Plaka Hotel in Athens in late September, its location is fantastic with many of the sights in walking distance. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfast is very adequate. Little extras like having coffee and tea available all day is very welcoming especially when you get back after a day of exploring and the hotel employee who comes around at breakfast and offers her advise on where to go and what to see is very helpful indeed. The rooftop with its spectacular view of the Acropolis is a wonderful place to have a drink especially at night when its all lit up. Loved Athens felt safe at all times. Would recommend the plaka Hotel and hope to get back their myself one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that you returned home with a positive memory and experience from your saty with us.

We really hope that you will return one day to us.

Best regards

Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Plaka Hotel in Athens was a great find. The staff was very helpful. A porter brought our luggage up and refused a tip !! The location was very convenient & we had a spectacular view of the Acropolis at night. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends