Acropolis Hill Hotel
Herodion Hotel(Athens)
$230
$225
  • Breakfast included
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
$145
$225
$178
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroof terraceswimming pool isrooms are smallminute walkquiet locationfifth floormodern hotelcity breakthe hotel staffwithin walking distancemetro stationbreakfast was includedyogurtexcellent locationnice breakfastdouble bedan amazing view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Like others have said- it is a great spot for doing the touristy things but the rooms are tiny- tight with two people. The pool is refreshing around three pm after a day in the heat. Breakfast is great and a five minute walk to the acropolis an Parthenon. Only there three nights and it was fine for a short stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were supposed to stay there, having booked nearly 7 months before, but on arrival, we found we had been "moved" to another hotel. That, after a very hot walk (by the way, don't swallow their web site talking about an east walk from the Metro - in summer heat at 2pm, it's a royal pain, cab it.) At that point we were pretty irked, but things got better. Antigone at the desk was VERY accommodating and apologetic and while that does not excuse being bumped, it smoothed thing considerably, She arranged cab to new hotel (see the review for the Ledra -- much to say about that), and through in a cab to the airport after our stay.
Oh, the hotel.... lobby looked nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mafac
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Lovely reception after long ferry ride. Soo comfy bed. Location great as Acropolis just down the road and restaurants around the corner in a relaxing environment. Definitely stay again should opportunity arise!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ABCD6725
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Parthenon and has amazing views from the roof terrace of the acropolis and the city. The helpful and friendly staff made our stay very pleasant. The only complaint was that our double room was quite tight and the twin beds that were pushed together to create a double were on wheels and not ideal. Otherwise, a good value for a short city stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for 3 days in this hotel a month ahead of our arrival. I booked directly through the hotel website ... not through Expedia or other booking site. The rooms were prepaid in FULL...this was not just a reservation. As a matter of fact, the entire booking charge was non-refundable in the event WE canceled. So they had over $1000 of my money for a month before we even showed up.

Because we were arriving late at night and I did not want to deal with the hassle of going to another hotel after 24hours of travel from California (and I'd read the other reviews), I emailed them twice about our late arrival. I emailed both the address from the confirmation and the contact email address on the hotel website. I emailed right after making the reservations and a couple days before we left. Obviously the contact address on the website must be monitored but I never received a reply to either email.

Sure enough, we got there and the guy at the desk told us no rooms were available. I told him I had emailed to confirm. He shrugged and said "well you didn't email me". As if I could know his personal email! If the rooms are paid in full no confirmation should even be necessary!

I was in a total daze from the travel but we were very lucky in that we had the world's nicest taxi driver. He didn't leave us and actually argued for us with the guy at the desk in Greek for a while before taking us to the other hotel (Hotel Divani Acropolis). He also refused extra money to drive us to the second hotel.

The Acropolis Hill guy told us the Divani was 5 stars as if we were getting a big upgrade. I don't know what the stars mean but I looked online and the price was only a few euro more than Acropolis Hill. We were told we would not have to pay anything extra but I had to pay 25 euro for WiFi which would have been included at the Acropolis Hill. The people at the Divani didn't know what I was talking about when I told the WiFi was supposed to be included. Since the situation was not their fault I did not argue. The Divani was OK (reviewed separately) but the rooftop dining was closed which was one of the major features I had used to choose a hotel.

The thing that really irks me is if we paid for the rooms they should be held regardless of arrival time. It is obvious this hotel overbooks regularly in the hopes of getting paid double for the rooms. The desk clerk's attitude that this was somehow my fault was really galling. Overall my trip to Greece was wonderful but this hotel was a very unpleasant start.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends