Acropolis Hill Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$443
Melia.com
Amalia Hotel(Athens)
$194
  • Restaurant
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
$145
Trip.com
Hera Hotel(Athens)
$296
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroof terraceswimming pool isrooms are smallminute walkquiet locationfifth floormodern hotelcity breakthe hotel staffwithin walking distancemetro stationbreakfast was includedyogurtexcellent locationnice breakfastdouble bedan amazing view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice hotel in a good part of the city. Close to the acropolis and the touristy Plaka area. The metro station Fix is about 400 metres downhill, easy to pull cases downhill but not nice uphill. Our room was small enough but comfortable. I found the bed very nice and slept excellently here. Good stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently stayed here with friends during a 10 day tour of Greece. Of all the hotels, this was my least favorite. The elevator is extremely small and you'd be hard-pressed to get two people and two large rolling bags inside (the staff did not offer to bring them up for us). Once inside our room, we discovered it hadn't been cleaned and had to request that someone come up and take care of it. (Did I mention you can't get two big bags past the door without moving the bed?). Pros: The hotel is otherwise clean, the breakfast buffet is good, the location is ideal and the separate bathroom/shower set-up is helpful. Cons: The rooms are drab, the staff is not friendly (one gentleman actually shushed me when I attempted to ask a question because he apparently could only focus his attention on one of us at a time), and there are no beverage/ice options other than the main bar. If you're all about close proximity, then definitely book. If you're looking for hands-on attention and a more luxurious experience this isn't it.

Room Tip: Even if you're only traveling with two people, definitely book a triple. The rooms are so small, you'll have a hard time finding space for your luggage otherwise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TourHotel, General Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear skrecke,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased that you found the location ideal and the design of the bathrooms practical.
We would like to apologize for the receptionist’s oversight who in his attempt to do a quick check in, offered you a room that was not yet ready, which of course is unacceptable.
As for the matter of the size of the lift, unfortunately this is an issue relating to the Construction Regulations of renovated buildings which is not something that can be altered.
We apologize again for the shortfall in service and any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We had to go to another hotel at 1am because they over booked the hotel. We didn't get notified until we called to let them know we will be arriving very late. Receptionist was bit rude. I say bit because I'm not sure if it was language problem. I wanted to make sure we get as we were getting when we booked this hotel. Free wifi wasn't on the other hotel. He was keep on saying " please cooperate with me and sign the paper" it was very offensive. We were happy with the other hotel at the end but that doesn't make this right. We booked the hotel about a month ago! How did we not get notified and how did we get pushed out of reservation?

• Stayed: June 2013
TourHotel, General Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the fact we had to accommodate you in another hotel and for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

Unfortunately we were unable to accommodate you due to a serious error with our reservation system. We are very sorry we were not able to contact you in advance and that the communication with our staff was not entirely satisfactory.

Every effort was made to ensure the alternative accommodation found was of a similar or better standard than we offer at the Acropolis Hill and we are glad you were happy with the services and facilities it offered.

We extend our apologies again we very much hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I must say, we did have a good stay here. The hotel is away from the busy center and touristy neighborhoods, but close to everything. I just wish the staff was more helpful and maybe even smiled once to twice. There was some confusion with my reservation. I'll blame that on Hotels.com.

It's the little things that would help Acropolis Hill be a better hotel. For a short stay in Athens(2 nights is all you need) I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We turned up at this hotel about 1am (ferry delayed) and were most relieved to be let in by the night porter. It seemed they were over booked and although we booked a room with a view and balcony, we got a room in the basement - which was enormous admittedly. We were moved to a better room the next morning with a view of the Acropolis. Opposite the hotel is a park so we could look out at the gum trees and think of home. (We went walking in that park in the evening and it appears people are living there with their dogs - it would be wise to avoid it during the night). Even during the day I felt uneasy walking there.
The rooms of the hotel are quite narrow but apart from that, very nice and modern. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast buffet is quite good. Staff are very helpful and friendly.
I don't understand European showers. They have all the fittings - why can't they just fit the actual spray attachment further up the wall so you can stand under it rather than having to hold it and shower yourself? The bathroom was small but clean and functional (one at a time only please!)
Location is fantastic, close to the Acropolis and two metro stations. We also enjoyed a meal in nearby Drakou street a few times.
The address "Acropolis HILL", would indicate that the hotel is on a hill, so I don't understand why people are surprised they have to walk uphill to get there!

Room Tip: I think it's worth paying the extra to get the Acropolis view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple