“Athens with "Jimmy the great"”

Spiros Taxi & Tours
Ranked #9 of 160 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Spiros Taxi & Tours are available for private day tours and transfers all over Greece. Ride in a brand new E-class Mercedes Benz or van. Knowledgeable drivers fluent in English. Safety and comfort. Tours, airport & cruise ship arrival/departure. Some of the tours offered are: The Athens Tour, The Delphi Tour and many more. Spiros is also available for 2, 3 or 5 day tours. You can customize your own tour.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

When at the last moment the cruise tour we wanted to take was already booked up, I sent a midnight email to Spiros. He responded almost instantly and overnight we arranged for "Jimmy the great" a.k.a. Dimitrios to meet us at the pier off the Ruby Princess. This could not have worked out better for my family. We took a half-day in Athens seeing the best sites. He customized the tour to exactly what we wanted to see. We
traveled around in an air-conditioned Mercedes Benz. Because we have kids this made
everything just perfect. Jimmy was informative and extremely pleasant and professional. Here's the punchline: it cost LESS than the cruise tour we otherwise would've taken.

Go with Spiros. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Trickbooks

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Spent a half day in June with Spiros who was very prompt with initial email queries regarding half day trip to Sounio and the Temple of Poseidon. He was very professional and even offered information on where to go outside of our trip. We were a family of 4 with two small kids and he provided a car seat for the 3 yr old and kept the trip interesting with all his info both about sights involved in the trip and current events and life in Athens in general. He also brought us to a wonderful seaside restaurant for a late lunch which served delicious seafood freshly caught and cooked well...loved the calamari and the local little tiny fish which I now forgot the name of. Beautiful view of the ocean and nearby cliffs and excellence service at a reasonable price. Overall would definitely book with Spiros again if back in Athens. Great city to visit and friendly folks like Spiros make for a memorable trip.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived at Athens International and were warmly greeted by Makis despite our delayed flight. We were driven in a very comfortable car and water was provided with no charge. Makis was very knowledgeable and informative about all the historic sights. He showed us a video in the car before visiting a particular sight and gave a very in depth explanation. We had a very full day but never felt rushed.. he would drop us off and be outside waiting promptly ready to move on. We were taken to a lovely local spot for morning coffee and Makis provided us with delicious local pastries. We also had lunch at a lovely local restaurant away from the main tourist bustle. The meal was the best I had eaten in Greece... we had just spent a week in Santorini and Crete. We were taken to all the main attractions, the Acropolis, the Athens museum,The theatre of DionsysusThe temple of Zeus, The Olympic stadium, the changing of the guard, Plaka the old city, to name a few. On our return to the airport Makis very kindly took us on a detour via the coast to few the harbour resorts and many yachts. I can highly recommend Spiros tours and our guide Makis was very friendly, accommodating and really knew all historical facts explained very succinctly. The fee was very reasonable and good value for money, despite our devalued rand in South Africa. The day tour was organized by my local travel agent, Cheryl at Seajay travel in Cape town. Well done Cheryl!!

1  Thank Lenore W
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were on a Royal Caribbean Cruise which stopped from 6AM to 5PM in Piraeus Athens , Greece on 12June 2013 for shore excursions. We were four people and my daughter had fixed a tour with Spiros taxi service. None of us had read any trip advisor reviews and just took a chance with Spiros. We found the driver Makis provided by Spiros reliable, knowledgeable and very concerned about our comfort. I in particular have a knee problem so he made sure that the drive would be to the closest point to all the major sights. My only regret is that I did not recorded his interesting conversation for my daughter and my students back home in JNU. He reminded me of Liza Doolittle's father from My Fair Lady. His
" bravo" still resonates in my ears. My only criticism is regarding the car (Mercedez or no Mercedez) three people in the back are uncomfotable on such a long excursion, ideally a van is most suitable as we discovered in Sicily, Kusadasi and Rome.Otherwise "bravo "Makis and even more "bravo" to Spiros but next time please provide a van and don't charge extra for it.

1  Thank manmohinikaul
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived at Piraeues on June 12 and as we had agreed the Taxi was there 7 am sharp. Our driver was Dimitri and he was very helpful and knowledgeable about the country history.
He took us around as we asked. Unfortunately my wife was ill from day before and was not able to move around very quickly. Dimitri was very considerate of the fact and will take the time to wait for us without pushing us. He was not on the clock and was not worried about how long it will take to drive from point A to point B. Spiro(the owner of the business) called me on Dimitir's phone to make sure that we are happy with service and nothing missing. Even Dimitri took us to plaka and waited for us to do some shopping. We went to a restaurant which was located beside the water and had excellent food.
I will use them for my next trip and will recommend to every one else also.