“Exceptional Trips by Spiros”

Spiros Taxi & Tours
Ranked #24 of 186 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Spiros Taxi & Tours are available for private day tours and transfers all over Greece. Ride in a brand new E-class Mercedes Benz or van. Knowledgeable drivers fluent in English. Safety and comfort. Tours, airport & cruise ship arrival/departure. Some of the tours offered are: The Athens Tour, The Delphi Tour and many more. Spiros is also available for 2, 3 or 5 day tours. You can customize your own tour.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you want to visit places outside Athens but with limited time, we highly recommend Spiros. We contacted him the night before we decided to take a short trip to Peloponese, and he arrived at our hotel promptly at 8:30 AM the next day. The ride was comfortable, he was driving a Mercedes Benz. He is a Greek New Yorker so he speaks very good English. Note that he is not a tour guide but we learned a lot about the areas we visited - Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion. He even shared his books to guide us in the trip. He took care of us, brought us to good restaurants. We were so delighted, we decided to book another trip with him, this time to Delphi. We had a side trip to the Byzantine Monastery of Ossios Loukas (replica of Agia Sophia in Istanbul), and photo stops in strategic spots. He will make the trip worth your while, you will not regret getting his service.

1  Thank Regina Felize B
in 7 reviews
"own pace"
"driver guide"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this service"
in 7 reviews
"always on time"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked by sending a last minute email to Spiros and received prompt confirmation for next day (Saturday 23 Febr 2013). It was a great day, the weather was nice and it was a smooth ride with plenty of stops. Makis our driver is a great storyteller who plans the stops and makes little d-tours based on the conversation in the car. Especially with a little girl who gets carsick easily this worked out to be a super relaxing drive.
What else to say? I'm not going to say anything about the great car, the excellent service, the DVD, the water, the guidebook and the changing of the guards at the Presidential Palace. Please read the other reviews, book a tour or travelarrangement and experience it yourself!

Thanks Makis for all the photomoments and a very relaxing day!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My Grandma and I came to Athens, Greece on a one day Layover. It was amazing!!! Makis Xilagouras was FANTASTIC!!! He grew up in Greece so he knew all the in's and out's and all the best spots and the ways to go to miss all the traffic. We also went to a real authentic greek restaurant that you would only know about if you lived there, it was amazing!!! BEST greek food I've ever had! I highly recommend this tour and for sure ask for Makis Xilagouras!! He was such a great navigator and there was no way we would have been able to see all the sights we saw without his expertise, he also gave great explanations and took some amazing pictures of my grandma and I while we were there!! Highly recommend! My grandma and I had a fabulous time!! :)

1  Thank Kristianne S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family and I only had couple of days to visit Greece in Dec2012. We would like to visit Delphi but most tours only run on Wednesday during winter. Therefore we booked Spiros for one day visit to Delphi. We made the right decision as with his American English accent and experience Spiros is great to have. He also introduced us to another good driver to take us for 5 hours tour at Santorini island. We would recommend Spiros to family who wants to visit Greece. Thanks Spiros!

1  Thank DWConsulting
See more reviews
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I communicated with Spiros over email prior to our visit to Athens, and he was prompt in responding every time. Upon arriving, Spiros was waiting for us outside the dock terminal, and we began our tour. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, and tailored the tour to what we wanted to see. My two little girls enjoyed him too - he even took care of one in his car when she was feeling a bit ill, and the rest of us got out to quickly see the Temple of Zeus. For lunch, he took us to an out-of-the-way place where the locals eat, and I had one of the best meals of my life.

Great guy, great tour - get him if you can!

1  Thank DerekHall