Review Highlights
Custom Tour with PGT

Reviewed today
cw0278
Edmonton, Canada
Nikos Loukas Private Greece Tours allows you to create your own tour!

Reviewed yesterday
eva f
chciago

2,787 results
All reviews nikos loukas full day tour cruise ship athens tour driver guide highly recommend this company cape sounion via email baklava his knowledge olympic stadium great tour mercedes van greek history booked a private tour presidential palace excellent driver
Reviewed today

Our group's experience with Private Greece Tours (PGT) was phenomenal. I started inquiring about a custom tour for your Canadian group of 8 travellers a couple of months before our trip, and Nikos responded promptly and informatively, each and every time I asked about details, pricing, and itinerary. After some back and forth, Nikos was great in helping plan our tour to Nafplio, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth, Olympia, and Delphi. He noted which places would be ideal to visit and on which day.

Vasili picked our large group up at the airport in a nice Mercedes Mini-bus that fit all 8 of us (and our luggage) comfortably. He was such a patient, and informative driver, giving us background on sites we passed and sites we were going to see. He answered our questions easily, and for the few he did not know, he looked up for us. He made suggestions for places to eat during each stop (places we were not disappointed in at all), and even sat down with us to recommend places to visit when he returned us to Athens. We all missed him dearly after he'd dropped us off in the city from our 4-day tour.

Nikos arranged for freelance tour guides at the sites we visited, and while they were not affiliated with PGT, Elena and Georgia (who we had for Olympia and Delphi respectively) were wonderful guides who impressed us greatly with their knowledge of and their passion for the subject matter. The one regret we had was not getting more time in Nafplio, but that only means we'll just have to come back to visit beautiful Greece again, and if we do that, we would definitely look up Nikos and PGT again for some more destinations to visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed yesterday

I had the good fortune of taking two separate half-day tours with Private Greece Tours, one with George and the other with Elis. Both guides were excellent. Each was punctual, attentive, concerned for the comfort of my companion and me allowing, adequate time to visit each site, and most significantly very knowledgeable both about the significant places to see, the history of each as well as of Athens itself. Highly recommended!!

3  Thank eva f
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We are so happy that we booked a private tour from our cruise via Private Greece Tours. We hired both a guide (Vasilios) and a driver (Vasili). It was well worth the cost to include the expert guide. Both were excellent! And, we actually paid less than a group tour from the ship. We missed all of the lines, got detailed information on all of the sights, and extra info as we were driving through Athens. A private tour is so much better than a big bus. In a port like Athens there is no risk of missing your ship, so better to go with the local experts. Much more detailed information, flexibility, and ability to ask questions and get answers. And, we skipped all of the lines and navigated through the crowds easily.

3  Thank A2953IIkathyk
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you Kathy!

I greatly appreciate it!

Vasilios and Vasili send their regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago

We recently visited Athens on a cruise, and had a great experience using Private Greece Tours. Prior to our trip, we emailed with Nikos who responded quickly and was extremely helpful. Elias greeted us promptly on arrival to the cruise terminal and immediately immersed us into Greek culture and history. We learned so much in such a short time, and were able to visit and see everything we wanted us to see. He took us to a great location for the yummiest gyro I have ever had and later to get baklava - the best! If you are considering a private tour, do it! It was a better value than a cruise excursion where we might have been in a large group on a bus. This was my family of four and our tour was tailored to us! We beat the crowd to the acropolis and saw things that large tours would not have included. Thank you Elias, we loved our day with you!

3  Thank ajhalsema

Thank you ajhalsema!

Elias sends his regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago

Exceptional service and very knowledgeable group. I recommend the Athens and Cape Sounion tour which is the highlight of the Greek antiquities and culture. Our driver Lambros was very informative and pleasant and knowledgeable about everything Greek. Nikos was very efficient, detailed oriented and Organized everything as promised on their website. I highly recommend this group. If you going with this group, you don’t need any private guide as the driver is so knowledgeable about all aspects of the Greek history and culture.

3  Thank Discover65067630757

Thank you Michael!

I greatly appreciate it!

Lambros sends his regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Our tour was great. Ur driver very knowledgeable and made sure we saw all important sites.We will recommend ur service with out reservation. Much better experience than ship excursions we have taken.

John and Michele

4  Thank John G

Thank you John and Michele!

Makis sends his regards!

Reviewed 5 days ago

As a first time visitor to Greece we were lucky enough to find P.G.T. Tour Group and a wonder driver by name of Elias. Having never been to Greece before my husband and I came away with a greater knowledge of Greece only because our driver Elias was so pactionate and knowledgeable about his heritage and the history of Greece.. He certainly gave us a beautiful experience in Greece right down to his recommendations for a fabulous lunch. He was very professional good sense of humour and very proficient in the English language. We would highly recommend this company to anyone who will be travelling to Greece .
Barb

1  Thank bigguy967
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you bigguy967!

Elias sends his regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Highly recommend this company! On our recent cruise we had a port stop in Athens and wanted to see as much as we could. Since I had my mother with us, who has early COPD and has difficulty walking for long periods of time, I was afraid she might have difficulty with keeping up with the cruise line shore excursions. Private Greece Tours allowed us to explore Athens at our own pace and spend as much time as needed at each location. Great communication from Nikos before and after booking our tour. Our guide Angelo was amazing! He was waiting for us as soon as we disembarked and was very friendly and informative. The Mercedes van was new, clean, and comfortable. Although Angelo couldn’t take us into the sites, he spent a lot of time with us beforehand telling us about the history of the sites and what we would see once inside. He got us to all the places we wanted to see and even some we didn’t know we wanted to see. With the way he laid out the tour we never felt rushed at any site and we even beat the big cruise crowds to every location. We learned so much about the history of Athens and Greece from him, heck we even learned a lot about Angelo! When it came time for lunch, he took us to a great area with lots of nice places to eat. He said we couldn’t go wrong with any of them, but we did decide to eat at one of the places he said he liked and we enjoyed a great meal sitting outside with a view of the Acropolis in the distance. If given the opportunity, request Angelo for your guide. In my opinion, you’ll spend less money, see more things, and enjoy your time there a lot more thru this company than with the cruise line excursions.

1  Thank Keith O
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you Keith!

I greatly appreciate it!

Angelo sends his regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago

Dominick was our driver guide to Athens and Cape Sounion. He was quite informative and made efforts to minimize inconveniences due to large crowds (Athens). The drive to Cape Sounion is breathtaking. Dominick offered helpful alternatives for lunch and even brought us to an amazing off-the-path viewing spot in response to my offhand comment about my “wishlist.” Great cruise excursion.

1  Thank Austin R

Thank you Austin !

I greatly appreciate it!

Dominick sends his regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago

We had a fabulous time on our tour of Athens. George our driver was knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Georgina our tor guide of Parthenon was fabulous. We would highly recommend this this tour company.

1  Thank Relax44564609573

Thank you Relax44564609573!

I greatly appreciate it!

George and Georgina send their regards!