Review Highlights
Outstanding experience - Delphi day trip

Reviewed yesterday
RJtraveler22
Los Angeles, California
One of our best tours for value and great service.

Wendaayh
Au

2,792 results
All reviews nikos loukas full day tour cruise ship athens tour driver guide athens and cape sounion highly recommend this company via email baklava his knowledge olympic stadium great tour mercedes van greek history booked a private tour presidential palace excellent driver
Reviewed yesterday

We could not have been more pleased with our day trip to Delphi with Private Greece Tours. Our driver, Makis, picked us up at our hotel in Athens and provided an outstanding experience. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. At the archaeological site at Delphi, he introduced us to the local guide (Georgia) who conducted a two hour tour of the museum and ruins. Nikos was very prompt in responding to inquiries as we set up the plans for this amazing visit to Delphi. Highly recommend!

2  Thank RJtraveler22
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you RJtraveler22!

Makis sends his regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago

My family and I spent a port day in Athens and after much research I engaged Nikos's services for a 6 hour tour of all the main sites. Tasos arrived at Piraeus port in a very comfortable Mercedes van and was great with his local knowledge and humour as well. My family all enjoyed his commentary and exemplary service. It was a warm day so the cold supply of water was welcome. He took us to all of the places we wanted to see and more giving us an overview of the greater Athens area, often ensuring we had great group photos as well. I pre-purchased Athens passes on-line which made entry to the Acropolis and other archaeological sites a breeze. Views of the changing of the guard were in a quieter area and allowed us to have our photos taken with the guards. Tasos was the perfect driver and we couldn't have asked for better. Thank you Nikos and Tasos.

1  Thank Wendaayh

Thank you Wendy!

Tasos sends his regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We had an 8 hour tour with Dominic driving the van and Katerina our guide.
Dominic 's handling of traffic, dropping and picking us up was a blessing. To be driven around Athens with no fuss is the way to go! I doubt we would have seen half as much without his services.
Katerina was an endless source of historical background and information. Her guiding us all over town made each place meaningful and memorable. Her wealth of knowledge about the history of each amazing place added so much to our experience. It's incredible to be at all of these ancient places, but added to that is learning so much about them.
I highly recommend the services of Private Greece Tours. Ask for Dominic and Katerina !

1  Thank kristincat511

Thank you Kristin!

I greatly appreciate it!

Dominic and Katerina send their regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Recently, my daughter and I went on three of the tours by Private Greece Tours (P.G.T) for 6 days total in November 2018 (a day athens, half day Cape Sounion, 4 days 3 nights for land tour) and it was really fantastic.
Greece is truly one of a kind. Every city and village has its own beauty. Breathtaking coastal shorelines, accompanied by welcoming people and delicious food. Of course, Private Greece Tours (P.G.T.) was just the cherry on top; we had a whale of a time!

We accompanied by Ellis. He is a superb driver with a vast knowledge on Greece’s history, the ins and outs of practically every street corner, food and tips on places to visit next here. He is a true gentleman and shows an extremely high amount of professionalism.

Both my daughter and I would like to express our deepest gratitude and thanks from the bottoms of hearts to the Private Greece Tours (P.G.T.) team and Ellis for making our trip here the best that we could ever hope for.

We highly recommended to go with Private Greece Tours (P.G.T.) for your next trip to Greece by contacting Nikos Loukas.
We wish you all the best of luck for all of your future endeavours!

Best,
Angelina Tanukusuma & Daniella
Singapore

2  Thank Angelinal1n

Thank you Angelina!

Ellis sends his regards!

Reviewed 2 days ago

Our driver Vasilis met us at the airport after our flight arrived an hour late. The Mercedes van was immaculate and we were soon on our way to see the Temple of Poseidon.
Vasilis was interesting and very well informed and the only downside of the tour was that we were very tired from a long trans-Atlantic flight. I am sure Vasilis would liked to have shown us more of the area but we were just interested in getting to our ship. Nevertheless we highly recommend this tour if you are arriving early in Athens and want to see some beautiful country and a spectacular temple before your afternoon cruise boarding.

3  Thank plato1234
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you plato1234!

I greatly appreciate it!

Vasilis sends his regards!

Reviewed 4 days ago

Our group's experience with Private Greece Tours (PGT) was phenomenal. I started inquiring about a custom tour for your Canadian group of 8 travellers a couple of months before our trip, and Nikos responded promptly and informatively, each and every time I asked about details, pricing, and itinerary. After some back and forth, Nikos was great in helping plan our tour to Nafplio, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth, Olympia, and Delphi. He noted which places would be ideal to visit and on which day.

Vasili picked our large group up at the airport in a nice Mercedes Mini-bus that fit all 8 of us (and our luggage) comfortably. He was such a patient, and informative driver, giving us background on sites we passed and sites we were going to see. He answered our questions easily, and for the few he did not know, he looked up for us. He made suggestions for places to eat during each stop (places we were not disappointed in at all), and even sat down with us to recommend places to visit when he returned us to Athens. We all missed him dearly after he'd dropped us off in the city from our 4-day tour.

Nikos arranged for freelance tour guides at the sites we visited, and while they were not affiliated with PGT, Elena and Georgia (who we had for Olympia and Delphi respectively) were wonderful guides who impressed us greatly with their knowledge of and their passion for the subject matter. The one regret we had was not getting more time in Nafplio, but that only means we'll just have to come back to visit beautiful Greece again, and if we do that, we would definitely look up Nikos and PGT again for some more destinations to visit. Highly recommended.

2  Thank cw0278
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you cw0278!

I greatly appreciate it!

Vasili sends his regards!

Reviewed 5 days ago

I had the good fortune of taking two separate half-day tours with Private Greece Tours, one with George and the other with Elis. Both guides were excellent. Each was punctual, attentive, concerned for the comfort of my companion and me allowing, adequate time to visit each site, and most significantly very knowledgeable both about the significant places to see, the history of each as well as of Athens itself. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank eva f

Thank you Eva!

I greatly appreciate it!

George and Elis send their regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We are so happy that we booked a private tour from our cruise via Private Greece Tours. We hired both a guide (Vasilios) and a driver (Vasili). It was well worth the cost to include the expert guide. Both were excellent! And, we actually paid less than a group tour from the ship. We missed all of the lines, got detailed information on all of the sights, and extra info as we were driving through Athens. A private tour is so much better than a big bus. In a port like Athens there is no risk of missing your ship, so better to go with the local experts. Much more detailed information, flexibility, and ability to ask questions and get answers. And, we skipped all of the lines and navigated through the crowds easily.

1  Thank A2953IIkathyk
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you Kathy!

I greatly appreciate it!

Vasilios and Vasili send their regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago

We recently visited Athens on a cruise, and had a great experience using Private Greece Tours. Prior to our trip, we emailed with Nikos who responded quickly and was extremely helpful. Elias greeted us promptly on arrival to the cruise terminal and immediately immersed us into Greek culture and history. We learned so much in such a short time, and were able to visit and see everything we wanted us to see. He took us to a great location for the yummiest gyro I have ever had and later to get baklava - the best! If you are considering a private tour, do it! It was a better value than a cruise excursion where we might have been in a large group on a bus. This was my family of four and our tour was tailored to us! We beat the crowd to the acropolis and saw things that large tours would not have included. Thank you Elias, we loved our day with you!

1  Thank ajhalsema

Thank you ajhalsema!

Elias sends his regards!

Reviewed 6 days ago

Exceptional service and very knowledgeable group. I recommend the Athens and Cape Sounion tour which is the highlight of the Greek antiquities and culture. Our driver Lambros was very informative and pleasant and knowledgeable about everything Greek. Nikos was very efficient, detailed oriented and Organized everything as promised on their website. I highly recommend this group. If you going with this group, you don’t need any private guide as the driver is so knowledgeable about all aspects of the Greek history and culture.

1  Thank Discover65067630757

Thank you Michael!

I greatly appreciate it!

Lambros sends his regards!