“Athens day tour”

Private Greece Tours
Ranked #2 of 282 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our private tours are exactly what you need so as to avoid the monotony of typical tour itineraries and the chaos of big tour groups. Our private tours take you to places and areas that big buses can't reach and offer you the flexibility to stop anywhere, anytime for whatever reason (photos, lunch brake, health needs etc). We are happy to offer you the rarest luxury of our times, individuality, in very competitive prices. You will just sit back and enjoy the personal attention given by your guide who will be willing to satisfy your requests with professionalism and courtesy.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Booked a private tour for our group of 6, Demitris our driver and guide was very prompt and informative and flexible. We had a great day with him, gave us lots of history and a few options on places we might like to see. I'm sure we saw (and understood what we saw)more with him than we could have ever havr done on our own. Well worth it, would highly recommend it.

1  Thank EdenLakeFraser
Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)
All reviews
"driver guide"
in 88 reviews
"baklava"
in 61 reviews
"athens and cape sounion"
in 35 reviews
"great tour"
in 118 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 67 reviews
in 42 reviews
"major sites"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Without a doubt this was a highlight of our 16-day vacation in Italy, Greece and Turkey, and far and away the best tour of the trip. I booked with Nikos after reading the great reviews here on Tripadvisor and found them to be spot on.

We arrived by cruise ship and only had one day to see Athens so we booked a full-day tour for four of us. Our driver was Makis, who could not have been more delightful. He was accommodating, knowledgeable, entertaining, charming and a great conversationlist who spoke perfect English. We did not hire a tour guide to accompany us and I was a little concerned about this, but Makis gave us so much information on the drive between sights I don't feel we needed it. It was the perfect arrangement for us.

From my initial contact with Nikos to the end of our tour, it was a first-class operation. The only minor inconvenience was getting my credit card information to Nikos. I wasn't comfortable sending it by email so I had to fax it, which due to my set up required a trip to FedEx Kinko's. I only mention it so you aren't surprised; don't let it stop you or give you pause as it would be a shame to miss out on this wonderful experience.

I highly recommend Nikos and especially Makis.

2  Thank Nshvlltrvlr
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our tour of Athens was a highlight of our Mediterranean vacation.
Booking a tour through “Private Greece Tours” was the best way possible to see Athens.
We booked a tour for 8 persons with a personal guide and on an air conditioned private coach.
Touring this way is more economical than one would expect and we could make changes to the stops and sights we wanted to see based on group preference.
Our guide was very knowledgeable, well prepared and had excellent English language skills.

2  Thank Dufferinhouse
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We used Private Greece Tours on our cruise last Fall in late September 2012. Nikos set up the tour with me using email, which made it so easy. He was waiting for us at our ship and introduced himself and loaded us in a new, clean mini-van for our tour. The first question he asked was when we wanted to be back tot he ship to ensure we were not late. Since that is the biggest risk booking outside the cruise ship, we appreciated his thoughtfulness in addressing that issue immediately.

We picked up our guide, Kassandra, and spent an incredible day in Athens. Kassandra's tour conveyed the passion she feels for both the ancient and modern Athens. Nikos knew just how to drive around the city to avoid the congestion and maximize our time viewing the city. We returned to the ship at the time we specified.

I would highly recommend Nikos' organization. We gathered memories for a life time.

2  Thank TravelingShoe
See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked a private tour of Athens through Nikos and I can say absolutely nothing but good things this company, Private Greece Tours. Nikos was quick in responding to us and completely met our needs of a fun filled, informative day of touring Athens. We booked fairly last minute so he was not available to have Nikos, but he had a wonderful driver and a personal guide, Kaliope, who were fantastic! Our driver was gracious and spontaneous and willing to do whatever we wanted to make the day wonderful for us.

I can't say enough about how wonderful Kaliope was as our personal guide. It was wonderful having a native Greek take us around and show us her country and teach us all the myths and history of Athens. Kaliope exceeded all our expectations, but most importantly keep the day filled with interest and excitement to keep our three young boys fascinated the whole time. Highly recommend and worth the money.

Nikos and his staff know how to avoid the crowds and I promise you that you will remember Athens as a great experience and a wonderful city, just as we have.

1  Thank Julie S