“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Paul's Taxi Tours

Paul's Taxi Tours
Ranked #18 of 151 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer high quality Taxi-Van and Taxi services. Shore excursions, Private Tours, Transfers. Our tours are especially ideal for cruise passengers visiting Athens.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visited Athens in October 2013 as part of our cruise. For this Port we chose to treat ourselves to a private tour with the addition of a private tour guide and we joined the group of our friends who booked with Greek Taxi Tours. We usually take the ship’s tours but we had a private tour in Ephesus and were very happy with the experience so we thought we would do it again in Athens. We were very excited and ready to have a great time.

Unfortunately things didn’t turn out quite the way we expected.

We were picked up from our cruise ship on time and started our tour. Our driver was courteous and navigated us through the busy streets safely and quickly. The guide on the other hand was a disaster! At first we were happy to see that she was a young lady, so we thought that she would be enthusiastic and energetic. Alas she turned out to be inattentive, disinterested and down right boring! Things got worse when for some reason she got into a heated argument with someone during our tour. From then on we just felt that asking for anything would be like treading on thin ice as she was obviously extremely angry! Near the end of our tour she seemed to calm down a little but by then of course it was too late and our day was completely ruined.

So recapping we paid a considerable amount of money, the tour wasn’t cheap, so as to treat ourselves to what we thought would be a special day only to have by far the worst tour during our cruise.

What a disappointment!

6 Thank William N

• Polish first
Mansfield, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Great Day in Corinth and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had been in Athens a year earlier on a cruise and had a wonderful day with Nick touring Athens and Cape Sounion. We'd found this company on Cruise Critic.To our surprise, we found ourselves back in Athens to start a cruise this past October, 2013. I promptly emailed Potoula at PKTravel and arranged an airport pick up to our Athens hotel. I also arranged transportation from our hotel to the ship for a few days later. While we were in Athens we arranged a full day tour to Ancient Corinth, the Canal, Mycenae, Nafplion, and the Theater of Epidaurus. All arrangements were promptly handled by email with Potoula. Our tour day with George was absolutely amazing. George was a fountain of information and drove us to all the places listed with a great deal of background information. We also had gyros for lunch and stopped for coffee. I think we were gone 11 hours which was fabulous. We didn't have to think about cruise schedules on this day as it was pre cruise. I will add that we were met at the ship and returned promptly when we did a tour with Nick the year before. So if you're on a cruise or are land based, I would recommend a day with PKTravel.

1 Thank Hillsideeast
los angeles
“Great Tour in Greece!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Despite people telling me to be weary to book tours in other countries on my own, I contacted PK Greek Tours. This was a bit last minute (the day before) and on the day of the tour, Konstantinos came to pick us up. We had a great time as he spoke great English, was passionate about the sights and his country, and was very friendly! When we got to some of the sights, he would explain the important facts before we went to see them. He also had a bunch of books that he allowed us to use as we were touring the sights. I actually thought this was a better way to see the sights as the tour was tailored to our needs/desires and the amount of time we needed to get through it. Because we had a great time with him, we also booked him to transfer us to the Piraeus port the next day. I'd highly recommend Konstantinos and hope we get him the next time we go to Greece!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“On top of the acropolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have just spent a fabulous day with PK. Travel and owner Constantinos touring all through Athens, Palma square Hadrians Arch and assorted beautiful ancient ruins. He was full of wonderful historical information and a pleasure to spend the day with.Comfortable vehicle and time on our own as needed.Later in the day, we enjoyed a fabulous traditional Greek buffet, yum.We will always remember our day on top of the Acropolis looking out to see and all of Athens and of course Constantinos? Thank you. Janice N

Toronto, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Way to See Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Based on good reviews of PK Travel, I decided that this would be the best way to see Athens for my mom (90 years young) and myself when our ship docked at Piraeus. All communication was done via email and it worked like a charm! Potoula was a great help sorting everything out for us. She was always very prompt and informative. The excursion was tailored to the sites that I was interested in and I was able to spend as much time at each site as I wanted. We started out at 7:30am and were at the Acropolis in good time before it got too warm. Our driver was Macos and he was great. We had a lot of fun with him. He was able to fill in details about the sights that we saw. In addition, I made use of Rick Steves' wonderful audio tour guides and Tom's Port Guides. Having our own mode of transportation was ideal for my mom - no climbing in and out of buses. Would definitely do this again, if we are ever back in Athens! Thank you Paul, Potoula, and Macos for a fantastic excursion!