Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very professional drivers, knowledgeable and friendly

Reviewed 3 days ago
whiskypriestess
Sunnyvale, California
Choose George's Taxi Service in Athens!

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jan S

2,637 results
All reviews day trip george's son private tour cape sounion cruise ship excellent service greek history poseidon's temple his knowledge athens airport via email athens tour comfortable mercedes olympic stadium wonderful driver highly recommend this service corinth canal
Reviewed 3 days ago

We hired George's Taxi for airport pickup and drop-off, as well as a day trip to Eleusis and around Athens. The drivers were prompt and professional. I really appreciated the tidbits of information and local history they spoke of along the way. The recommendations for the day trip were on point as well. We really had a wonderful time, and I would absolutely use this company again!

4  Thank whiskypriestess
Reviewed 4 days ago

My husband and I arranged for George's Taxi Service to pick us up when we disembarked from our cruise ship in Athens on Sunday, November 4. We then drove to the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth, having an excellent lunch in Corinth, before driving to our hotel in Athens. It is important to note, that George suggested this itinerary after I first had inquired about making the trip to Corinth on Monday, Nov 5th, explaining that the Ancient Corinth site might not be open on Monday. The representative sent by George's was Takis, who was polite, well-dressed, friendly, knowledgeable about Greek history and culture and an excelent driver, too. We could not have been more pleased with our choice of George's Taxi Service and highly recommend this service to others as well.

4  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 6 days ago

We were very pleased with George's Taxi, our driver's name was Dimitri and he was prompt and always waited for us prior to the scheduled time in case we were early. We never needed to call him he's there already. We did the half day private tour and airport transfer on the same day. Good and professional. Will use the service again.

5  Thank Dinhnies
Reviewed 6 days ago

My daughter and I had a fabulous day, visiting Delphi and Hosios Loukas Monastery with George's taxi. Our driver, Spiros, was charming and friendly, full of interesting facts and stories about Greece and the area we drove through. He took us to other sites as we passed, including the very moving memorial at Distoma and the clock tower in Arachova. We were picked up at our hotel at 7:45am and returned about 12 hours later. We had plenty of time in Delphi and never felt rushed-we even had time to stop for coffee and cakes in Arachova.
On our last day in Athens, Spiros picked us up at the hotel at 12 for a trip to Sounio, before taking us to the airport. Again he went out of his way to show us other places that we would otherwise never have seen-Lake Vouliagmeni and the theatre of Thorikos. These two trips were the highlights of our stay in Athens and so much more fun than a busy, crowded tour.

5  Thank KGLeeds
Reviewed 6 days ago

We used this company for three journeys. The first was picking up at the airport and transferring us to our hotel, the second was a day trip to Corinth and the third was a transfer from Athens to Delphi.

All three trips went without any problems. When we arrived at the airport our driver was there to meet us holding a sign with our name. He was pleasant, friendly and took us to our hotel without any problem.

Mike, our driver for both the Corinth trip and the Delphi transfer, was at our hotel well before our agreed start time so that we were able to set off as soon as we were ready. During the journey he played a video relating to the sites we were going to visit. We stopped at the Corinth Canal - astounding, a must see, but, once you’ve seen it, that’s it! A 15 minute stop lets you see everything there is to see.

We’d booked a guide (through G’s Taxis) to the site of Ancient Corinth. He was a luxury, and very friendly and knowledgeable, but I think we could have managed on our own.

We didn’t want a full meal so Mike stopped at a bakery and bought a range of goods for us to try. This was a wonderful way of sampling the local food and was much better than the tourist fare of central Athens.

Our third transfer was to Delphi. Mike again drove. On the journey he showed us various videos relating to the history of the site and saying what we would be seeing.

When we arrived in Delphi Mike was able to point out where the site and the museum were.

We found George’s Taxis to be reliable, efficient and friendly. We wouldn’t hesitate to use them again if we return to Athens.

6  Thank pnhmrk
Reviewed 6 days ago

My husband and I decided to use our time in Athens seeing the city, I had researched and found George's Taxi to have good reviews. We opted to have them pick us up at the airport and have a private city tour before checking in to our hotel. Our driver (Apostolos) was waiting for us at the airport as promised. Apostolos was full of information and made sure our time together not only informative but enjoyable. Apostolos was pleasant and spoke fluent English. At the end of our tour he delivered us to the front door of our hotel. We had a wonderful day!

5  Thank ginab08
Reviewed 1 week ago

Took a day trip to visit Apollo's Temple at Delphi with my wife and son..
Spent a really fun day with Kostas who drove us there and back. Kostas is a great conversationalist, and we discussed everything from Greek Football Super league (go Panathinaikos!), to politics and ancient Greek history and mythology.
Kostas my friend, from Miriam, Joshua and myself, efharisto and yassas, until we meet again!!

6  Thank Coastal61549599239
Reviewed 1 week ago

I shopped around and contacted a few companies before booking our 5-day trip through the Peloponnese. Right away, I knew this was the company I wanted to go with. They were flexible, prompt, and courteous with all of my inquiries. They assured me through every step in planning process.

The real star was our driver, Stratos. He arrived promptly and quickly built rapport through his kind and engaging demeanor. I have to say that Stratos far exceeded all my expectations in regards to customer service. He has a way of anticipating your needs before you even know it. If he suggests something to you, trust him, it's worth seeing or doing. He will guarantee you have a good time.

I came for the history but my favorite part of Greece ended up being the people. Of all the people, Stratos was the highlight of my trip. He is extremely knowledgeable. Of all the officially licensed guides over 3 weeks put together, I learned more from Stratos alone. He has an amazing story and his humor is addicting. He even made a laurel for me while I was touring Delphi (see picture). I was genuinely sad on our last day when he dropped us off knowing he wouldn't be there in the morning to greet us. We even went to his former bar in Mykonos, Rhapsody, to have a drink.

After our stay in Cape Sounio, I contacted George's taxi for a transport to the airport. While more than willing, the company wanted to make sure I knew that it would be cheaper if I took a local taxi considering their driver would have to come all the way from Athens. I really appreciate this gesture and is another testament to their integrity and honesty as a company.

This is a local, family owned and operated business.

5  Thank Carolynn S
Reviewed 1 week ago

We took the Best of Athens tour on our first full day in the city. George himself was our driver and he was chock full of facts and figures about Athens. We truly did see the highlights of Athens - all the major ruins, changing of the Guard...highest point. He timed it all well, starting with the Acropolis first thing in the morning before too many crowds arrived. He's not officially a tour guide so did not take us inside any sites but explained what we'd be seeing and gave us as much time as we needed wherever we went. We had a meal that was amazing in its variety, taste and low cost. George knows his history and his city very well. Sometimes it seemed as though he had more information than time, rushing his words so that it was difficult to follow. But he's aware that he talks fast and is always willing to repeat.
When we ended up with an extra day at the airport before leaving the country, we contacted the company again about a half day tour to the Temple of Poseidon. And we had George again! No problem picking us up at the airport. The itinerary was less packed than our earlier tour plus it's about a 45 minute ride to Souros and the temple. Our time with George was more like being with an old friend. On the way we stopped off to see a less touristy, less reconstructed amphitheater.
The Temple of Poseidon was built in a similar style and time period as the Parthenon but in a stunning setting high above the Aegean Sea. It was a fun choice for a half day tour, especially after seeing those other temples earlier. There was going to be a lunch included but we ran out of time, possibly because we wandered around the temple for quite a while or maybe it was the airport pickup. We'd talked with George about an item we were interested and he suggested a store in Athens where we could purchase it. We asked if he could drop us off there rather than back at the airport so that we could shop, eat a meal and take the metro back to the airport. No problem and we appreciated George's flexibility. It was another enjoyable day hanging out with George and getting the chance to see another amazing piece of Greek antiquity.

4  Thank OregonPhotoTraveler
Reviewed 1 week ago

Based on reviews in TA we decided to book transfers to/from airport with George's Taxi.
Firstly, or those who complain about costs, they clearly point out before booking that they charge more. I believe the service is worth it.
Arriving in Athens, our flight was about 1 hour EARLY. Yes early. Nevertheless, Dimitrios was there waiting for us. An enjoyable ride into town with talk about customs, sites, etc. He even spent some time with us trying to help with our AirBnB check-in. My cell phone wasn't working and the host's phone number wouldn't accept incoming calls.
Departing, I sent George's an email saying phone was working and to have driver buzz us when he arrived. John (Giánnis) arrived early and buzzed. That was also somewhat fortunate since there was unexpectedly heavy traffic. We did make it to to the airport in plenty of time, and with great conversation along the way.

5  Thank hectop