“George's Taxi”

George's Taxi
Ranked #1 of 336 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: day tours.You may also contact us via e-mail (only) for pre-arranged transfers from the Athens airport or Piraeus port.Please note that we do NOT accept last minute transfers via phone.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I had used George's Taxi Service on a couple of other occasions over the past ten years, and, once again, were delighted with their services when we returned to Greece in June with friends. We had arranged an itinerary and costs ahead of time with Nicholas, and all went according to plan. A driver was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived in Athens, to take us to our hotel. The next morning, the men of the group, who were going to Mt. Athos, had a very early pick-up for a flight to Thessaloniki. The driver was downstairs at the appointed hour. My friend and I had scheduled visits to Delphi, Corinth, Mycenae, and Epidaurus while the men were gone. Our driver for those three days was Makis X., and he was great! He drove us to the ancient sites and to the first capital of modern Greece, Nafplio, with some unplanned side excursions as well (for example, the Monastery of Hosias Patapas near Loutraki). Makis was informative, prompt, courteous, and thoughtful. He very kindly stopped so we could enjoy frappes and spinach pies each morning at "non-tourist" locations. He stopped -- without our having to ask -- at appropriate intervals at clean, friendly locations for “comfort stops”. He made very good suggestions for restaurants both in Athens and on the road. (We especially liked “Attikos” in Athens and ate there a second time with our husbands when they returned from Mt. Athos.) He made sure that we had fresh ice water at all times. We really felt that he liked his job and that he was doing all that he could to be sure that we enjoyed our time in Greece. We enjoyed the comfortable, clean, well-maintained, air-conditioned vehicle and the videos he showed about the sites while we were on our way to the locations. We had very good experiences with George's other drivers, too. We can recommend George's Taxi – without hesitation!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,751)
All reviews
"wonderful driver"
in 26 reviews
"corinth canal"
in 47 reviews
"highly recommend this service"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a fabulous private day tour of Athens with George's Taxi. We met our driver, Dionysis, at the Piraeus port of Greece after departing our cruise ship. He was professional, personable and extremely knowledgeable of Athens, Greek culture and history. He expertly guided us through the busy streets of Athens in a stretch Mercedes limo and we left the Acropolis as the tour buses arrived. It was perfect! After taking in all of the other sites of Athens, our driver took us to an authentic Greek restaurant in the NE part of Athens. None of the staff spoke English, so "Dennis" ordered lunch for us. It was fabulous and we were so well cared for that the day was truly special. Our guide even surprised us by taking us to see the changing of the guard outside of the presidential palace. Our family of 6 could not have been more pleased with our tour. Dennis was outgoing and fun and our 2 teens as well as grandparents appreciated all that he shared about life in Athens. I would highly recommend George's Taxi to all!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

George was amazing, and from airport pickup to hotel drop off, he catered to our every need. We had pre-planned a flexible agenda via email with his son Nick, and off we went, starting with a welcome cooler of cold spring water bottles in his trunk. We learned the history of the Greek people, saw amazing vistas, ate at a local quick stop with great food, and a seaside fish restaurant that we will always remember. I had mentioned a type of bakery item I remembered from a previous visit that I didn't know the name of (barley rusk), and he took us to a nice bakery that had them! He struck the perfect balance of being there for us without us feeling obligated to include him in every meal or attraction visit. Choosing this company was one of the best strokes of luck on our entire 5 week visit to Europe!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Three of us landed in Athens in late June, and wanted to tuck in a trip to Delphi into our itinerary before our ferry boat left from Piraeus that evening. I had used George's Taxi before in Athens, and so I contacted them to pick us up at the airport, drive us to Delphi, and then deliver us to the ferry in Piraeus. The whole day worked like clockwork. Our driver was "Tony", and he gave us history, folklore, and anecdotes along the way, as well as cold bottles of water. The experience was so good, that my friends and I decided to hire this service yet again upon our return into Athens before leaving for home.

Tony met us at our return ferry landing at 6am, took us to the hotel so that we could have breakfast before beginning a 1/2 day tour of the sights of Athens, and then picked us up again at 8am to begin our day. We went to the Acropolis, and so so many other historic sights before having a lovely lunch and being taken back to our hotel. It was worth every penny both times!