“Excellent Service”

George's Taxi
Ranked #1 of 252 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: George's Taxi provides high quality service in Athens for more than 30 years.Our expert driver-guides will escort you in deluxe air-conditioned Mecedes vehicles (taxi/van/minibus).We provide private tours in and around Athens,day trips in the mainland as well as multi-day tours.You may also contact us via e-mail (only) for pre-arranged transfers from the Athens airport or Piraeus port.Please note that we do NOT accept last minute transfers via phone.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I can certainly recommend George's Taxi for those arriving at Athens Airport.
We arranged for trips from the airport to Rafina Harbour and from the Harbour back to the airport for our flight back home. The service provided is, without a doubt, excellent! Theodore was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived, and had a sign with him with our name on it. He insisted on taking my wife's suitcase, which she very much appreciated, due to the fact that it was very heavy. He arranged everything for us, including loading the baggage into the trunk. He drove at a normal pace and turned on the airco for us. This taxi trip was nothing like previous trips we had made in Athens taxi's. No loud music or driver smoking in the car. He speaks good english, is very friendly and offers his help without you having to ask for it!
The return trip to the airport was just the same. Theo arrived 10 minutes earlier than arranged and proceeded to load the suitcases into the trunk.
After arriving at the airport he once again took care of my wife's suitcase and led us to our check in desk where he wished us a pleasant journey home.
The taxi service is a bit more expensive than normal taxi fares, however the level of service and comfort is excellent, and so it is good value for money.
Anyone who has ever taken a taxi ride in Athens knows just how chaotic that can be! Not with George's Taxi.

1  Thank cps54

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were so pleased that we had booked with George's Taxi service. We were picked up at the airport and transported to our hotel by our congenial and knowledgeable driver, Hal, with a helpful dialogue along the way as to where certain sites were located. He then met us the following morning to take us to Delphi. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with him, the car was clean and comfortable, and we had no qualms about leaving our belongings in the car as we visited the various sites. He found us a nice place for lunch, overlooking the river, and brought us back to the hotel with no problems. Very easy to do using the internet.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were met on time and greeted in a friendly , courteous professional manner. We were taken to fabulous sites that we may have overlooked if not for our guide .
He took us to a delightful outdoor restaurant and was ready to resume our day when we finished eating. Spiro's command of English was wonderful and he was so knowledgeable about all the sites we visited.
We recommend hiring this company if you are coming off a ship and just have a day to see the sights. So much better than any of the tours we took while on our cruise. We will remember this day!!!

1  Thank Kakirob
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We used George the taxi driver and it was probably the best decision we made our entire trip. We had Dimitri and he was so polite and friendly. His taxi was a beautiful car and spotless. Nicholas was also fantastic in arranging everything for us. My only regret is that we did not do a private excursion with them. Dimitri seem to be the only taxi drive who could find our hotel the entire time we were there and we stayed right next to the New Acropolis Museum. Their service was truely a delight and I couldn't speak more highly of them. No doubt if I ever return to Greece, George and his family will be my first call!

1  Thank Bernadette G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Myself, my Wife and our daughter went on a cruise in the Mediterranean; it was our first cruise and after a little research I was concerned with the short stay at each port.
Before we left I contacted George's Taxi by email and after a very efficient discussion we were booked.
Makis was our driver and I could not have asked for a more friendly or knowledgeable driver. Makis met us outside of the Ship with sign in hand; much easier then I ever expected.

Too keep the review shorter I must say I am very pleased. If we booked a cruise ship we would have taken the same time to see one or two sites, but Makis customised a tour to optimise our time to include the greatest number of attractions. Makis took special car of our little girl including videos and a special stop at a wonderful bakery for a little treat. Near the end of the trip when our little girl was sleepy we adjusted our itinerary to areas which where stroller friendly.
I don't want to give away all Makis secrets, but I will ensure that you will be pleasantly surprise at his professionalism and level of service above and beyond anything I read in these reviews.

100% Customised, 110% satisfied.
If we ever do a cruise again, I will be looking into solutions like this; If we ever return to Greece I will specifically ask for Makis in order to spend a couple more days seeing the wonders of Athens.

Thank-you Makis; Kristina still looks at the book you gave her and recalls how much she loves Greece.

1  Thank Shawn_TripA