“Best tour and guide Fromm our whole trip!”
Review of George's Taxi

George's Taxi
Ranked #2 of 289 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: George's taxi provides high quality service in Athens for more than 20 years.Our expert driver-guides will escort you in deluxe air-conditioned Mecedes vehicles (taxi/minibus).Whether you need a shore excursion in Athens,tours in the mainland or transfers we make sure that you have an unforgettable experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour and guide Fromm our whole trip!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were met on time and greeted in a friendly , courteous professional manner. We were taken to fabulous sites that we may have overlooked if not for our guide .
He took us to a delightful outdoor restaurant and was ready to resume our day when we finished eating. Spiro's command of English was wonderful and he was so knowledgeable about all the sites we visited.
We recommend hiring this company if you are coming off a ship and just have a day to see the sights. So much better than any of the tours we took while on our cruise. We will remember this day!!!

1 Thank Kakirob

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Easily the best taxi in all of Greece!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We used George the taxi driver and it was probably the best decision we made our entire trip. We had Dimitri and he was so polite and friendly. His taxi was a beautiful car and spotless. Nicholas was also fantastic in arranging everything for us. My only regret is that we did not do a private excursion with them. Dimitri seem to be the only taxi drive who could find our hotel the entire time we were there and we stayed right next to the New Acropolis Museum. Their service was truely a delight and I couldn't speak more highly of them. No doubt if I ever return to Greece, George and his family will be my first call!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bernadette G
Ottawa, Canada
“Best tour of our trip”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Myself, my Wife and our daughter went on a cruise in the Mediterranean; it was our first cruise and after a little research I was concerned with the short stay at each port.
Before we left I contacted George's Taxi by email and after a very efficient discussion we were booked.
Makis was our driver and I could not have asked for a more friendly or knowledgeable driver. Makis met us outside of the Ship with sign in hand; much easier then I ever expected.

Too keep the review shorter I must say I am very pleased. If we booked a cruise ship we would have taken the same time to see one or two sites, but Makis customised a tour to optimise our time to include the greatest number of attractions. Makis took special car of our little girl including videos and a special stop at a wonderful bakery for a little treat. Near the end of the trip when our little girl was sleepy we adjusted our itinerary to areas which where stroller friendly.
I don't want to give away all Makis secrets, but I will ensure that you will be pleasantly surprise at his professionalism and level of service above and beyond anything I read in these reviews.

100% Customised, 110% satisfied.
If we ever do a cruise again, I will be looking into solutions like this; If we ever return to Greece I will specifically ask for Makis in order to spend a couple more days seeing the wonders of Athens.

Thank-you Makis; Kristina still looks at the book you gave her and recalls how much she loves Greece.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shawn_TripA
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Briliant man, Fantasic Family Trust them all!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

From all of the good reports we had from these pages, we chose to work with Georges Taxi's. A great Idea!. Theodore picked us up from the airport with a clear sign at arrivals, exactly as planned on the email only the day before,and safely delivered us to the door of our hotel, with great advice freely given along the way. That night, following Thodore's advice we had a lovely meal at Tou Psaras (The tavern of the Fisherman) just five minutes safe walk from olur great Hotel Pathenon. On Tuesday morning (Today) George himself arrived,at 0800 as arranged, However he brought so much knowlege with him it was like having our own personal guide and carer. he was so wondeful both in his information he made our anniversary day very special. Thank you George. Even shutting his thumb badly in the boot/trunk lid he done his very best to hid his severe pain so as not to interupt our day. As a Guide the airport run was 60Euros and the whole day trip 280Euros, do not be put off, you will not be dissapointed, yes I am sure you can get cheaper, but you have already spent good money for your holiday do not spoil it at the start,by having a bad expierience when you fist set foot in Greece. the greeks are great people, I think they must have all been trained by George! George Thank you! Mike & Heather, Chichester England

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mike C
Lighthouse Point, Florida, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Athens Tour....”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a first time visitor to Athens, we couldn’t have been happier with the tour company we selected. We were greeted at our ship by Michael of Georges Taxi Service. My wife and I enjoyed a clean non smoking Mercedes sedan for the two of us. Michael took us all over Athens, to see all of the sights while explaining to us the history of the city, the significance of the many ruins we saw, the Acropolis, the Parthenon and more. He truly has a love for Athens and Greece, and it showed. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant he recommended and the food was outstanding. Afterwards, Michael bought us some Greek pastries at the local bakery. We continued our tour of Athens and truly had a wonderful time, never once having to deal with the crowds on bus tours and we did things at our own pace. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour company to anyone travelling to Athens

Visited October 2012