“Repeat customer recommends reliable service”
Review of George's Taxi

George's Taxi
Ranked #1 of 266 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: George's Taxi provides high quality service in Athens for more than 30 years.Our expert driver-guides will escort you in deluxe air-conditioned Mecedes vehicles (taxi/van/minibus).We provide private tours in and around Athens,day trips in the mainland as well as multi-day tours.You may also contact us via e-mail (only) for pre-arranged transfers from the Athens airport or Piraeus port.Please note that we do NOT accept last minute transfers via phone.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Over the past couple of years, I've recommended George's Taxi service to clients traveling to Greece on several occasions, and I'm so glad that I did. Both George & his son Billy are terrific -- reliable (even when public transport strikes are going on) and providing great customer service. Earlier this year, I had an extended family of nine people traveling to Greece, and Billy was able to accommodate all of them in a van, shuttling them on day trips, providing airport service, etc. I can't recommend them enough.

1  Thank ecpindc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recently back from vacation in Greece. Would strongly recommend the services of George's taxi. We had 4 airport/city transfers and one day trip to Delphi. Our drivers were Theodore and Kostas (apologies for any incorrect spelling). Two professional, warm, friendly guys with a passion for being part of the important tourist industry. Their knowledge of ancient and modern Greece was remarkable.
The service was great value for money and is now a delightful memory as a good part of our trip.

1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was in Athens in April of this year and booked George the Taxi fro 2 half day tours. I was lucky enough to get Alexis as my driver. He was excellent, friendly, very knowledgeable and made both day tours worth every penny. He went out of his way for me. I am a single traveller and this was the best way to see parts of Athens and Greece for me. I did the Tour to Cape Sounio and toured Poseidon's Temple in the evening time and then had dinner at a local taverna with local food that was delicious. The next day did half day tour of Athens including the Acropolis, Zeus temple, Hadrian's library and more sites in Athens. I highly recommend Alexis as a driver. Very knowledgable about the history and mythology.

1  Thank bliscum
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We contacted George at the last minute for an afternoon tour of Athens between islands. Terrific, polite, knowledgeable driver with comfortable van. Excellent but short. Driver also helped us buy ferry tickets at Rafina and managed time very carefully.

1  Thank Foodserie
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I would highly recommend George's Taxi to anyone wanting to see Athens and/or the surrounding area. I booked George's Taxi by email for eight people in all (two of us plus six others I met on cruise critics) and their response was quick and very helpful at all times with clear instructions about where to meet our driver. Their price was very reasonable and cheaper than booking through the cruise excursions and we were able to choose what we wanted to see. Billy, George's son met us and spoke perfect English. Billy had a clean and comfortable 10 seater van with AC and he was an excellent driver with lots of interesting facts and information on his country and its history.

We went to Ancient Corinth first. This is a small site with a small museum and was very quiet so it doesn't take long to see. It is in a beautiful tranquil setting and it was lovely to get a taste of the Greek countryside. We stopped at the Cornith Canal on the way back for photos and that was an incredible sight!

When we got back to Athens Billy phoned his office and was able to tell us that the Acropolis had been packed all morning and was still busy. He suggested that we have lunch first and he left us at an authentic Greek restaurant where we had a wonderful lunch upstairs with a view of the Acropolis. Lunch wasn't included in the tour but the prices were very reasonable. Afterwards Billy dropped us off at the Acropolis. It was very hot but worth it as it was almost deserted and easy to see it all and get great photos!

Thank you Billy and George's taxi for such an interesting and informative time in your city and also for taking us to such a fantastic restaurant. We all had a great day.