“Excellent trip to Delphi!”
Review of Key Tours

Athens Airport Private Arrival Transfer
Ranked #49 of 266 Tours in Athens
Type: Day Trips, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: KeyTours – expert tour company is your key to unravel the fascination of Greece, the ideal travel destination that combines a rich history and cultural variety of more than 4000 years, with a modern face of the post-Olympic infrastructure. It can offer something to everyone and suit all ages, tastes and backgrounds.We do offer you the best sightseeing in Athens, half-day excursions, full-day trips , fascinating cruises and multi-day tours in mainland Greece. Our aim is to help you experience the real Greek culture and everyday life. We also organise private sightseeing, groups and pre- and post-conference tours. Let us design for you, unique itineraries according to your needs. Let us make your stay in Athens exceptional!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I took the one-day tour to Delphi, with stops at Levadia (on the way there) and Arachova (on the return trip). Throughout the trip, Marianna provided very helpful facts about sites along the way, such as Marathon and Thiva/Thebes. She took us through Delphi, gave us plenty of time to explore on our own, and then took us on a guided tour of the museum. Her knowledge and enthusiam added much to our day.

A note about the lunch options: while selecting the lunch option might save you a couple of Euros, the downside is that you don't get to order off of the menu. And while the meatballs that the people on the tour who got the lunch option did not look to be worth 10 Euros, the very decent fried calamari I ordered was probably worth the 12 I paid. Also, contrary to the implications of many of the reviews on this site and ones like it, in our experience it was not possible to choose our own restaurant.

Our only reservation was that we would have liked more time in Arachova - perhaps two stops there rather than the one in Levadia would have done the trick. But overall, it was a wonderful trip that was well worth the money. In fact, my husband considers it the highlight of our entire trip to Greece. Have fun!

1  Thank Lauren G
vik12, General Manager at Key Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always try our best to make sure that our guests stay happy with our service and the tours offered. We are very happy to know that you enjoy Delphi tour and especially the temple and our guide Marianna.

Thank you for your comments about the lunch and restarunts. Arachova is really a very nice village and we hope to be able to stay there longer or for lunch but due to its small size and without proper parking area for buses we could not spent there more thatn 20-30 minutes.

We thank you once again for your time and effort for sharing this information with us and remain

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked over the internet from Australia. Our family of four (including 2 daughters 15 and 18) were met on time (7.30am) at our hotel by our lovely guide Marianna. Having booked a private tour, we had a whole minibus to ourselves and were able to stay/leave attractions as we wanted. Marianna provided an interesting introduction to Greece and Athens as we drove along. Following a quick morning coffee break at a roadside cafe, we arrived at the Osias Loucas monastery. The views over the adjacent valley were magnificent. Marianna arranged for our daughters to borrow some long skirts as their shorts were inappropriate to enter the monastery buildings. She provided excellent explanations of the history of the monastery. It was then a short drive onto Delphi. Marianna made the place come alive with her descriptions as we walked up the hillside. She then left to wait for us at the Museum, while we climbed up to the very top - the large ancient sports competition field was definitely worth the effort. We then walked down to meet her in the air-conditioned museum, where she did a great job of showing us the highlights. Unfortunately it was now after 2pm, and a long time since the last food stop. So a quick bus ride bought us to a late lunch at a large restaurant just outside Delphi. Marianna explained the menu to us and the staff (including the vivacious "mama" owner) were incredibly friendly and attentive. When one of our daughters didn't eat any of one of the courses (due to a personal dislike of one of the ingredients), a replacement item was bought out. Also, my failure to finish off the enormous plate of food brought many queries of whether there was something wrong with it (only the large serving size!). We had to be back in Athens for a subsequent activity by 6pm, and so we did not stop in any of the other places on the way back - which was fine with us. We were dropped off as arranged at a particular spot in Athens at 5.45. This was a great day trip - our driver who didn't speak much English drove very safely and we felt like we had a new friend in Marianna. Thanks for a fabulous time.

1  Thank holidayMum_10
vik12, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Key Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always try our best to make sure that our guests stay happy with our service and the tours offered. I am very happy to know that you enjoy your tour to Delphi and to osios Loucas monastery too. I will inform our guide Marianna about your comments about her, I am sure she will be pleased. Furthermore I will sent your review to Maria ( the owner of the restaraunt) I am sure that she will enjoy it too.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We took this bus day trip from Athens to Delphi as we had heard it was a must see location. The trip was fantastic, Delphi was inspiring and the museum was great. We don't normally do bus trips as we like to set our own pace, but felt this was doable. It started off great and the guide, Anastasia was informative on the way out but when we arrived to Delphi she became less so and very hurried. She did not take the hike to the top to the stadium allowing us to do it on our own but she set a time limit. I must admit in the heat and given the steep hike it was a trek but we did it with a few of the others. We didn't race, but we didn't dawdle either. Nevertheless when we returned after a potty break we were late. We were soundly chastised by a member of the group and when two others returned even later (a total of 20 minutes late) the guide, Anastasia scolded them in front of the entire group. These were two young girls who did not mean to be late. I was incredibly embarrassed for them and the guide for being so unprofessional. To make matters worse, the guide began speaking in Spanish to some other members of our group continuing to berate and complain about the girls. It was obvious she didn't realize I spoke Spanish and could understand. I let her know this, but by that time I was disgusted and it put a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the trip. I plan on complaining to the tour group about her unprofessional and childish behavior. Not sure if I would recommend this company if their guides act this way to guests for a short delay.

1  Thank ponygirl359

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always try our best to make sure that our guests stay happy with our service and the tours offered. I am happy to know that you enjoy your trip to Delphi. Indeed it is a magical place that everyone must visit. As far as the guide is concerned I would like to express my aplozise and to mention that I am suprised since Anastasia is a very good guide with great reviews from our clients and excellent reviews to trip advisor too. I would like to mention that our guided tour is finished always at the temple and theater of Delphi. As you mentioned Stadium is high up to the hill and we do not want to force all our clients to climb so we give to them free time and advice if they want to climb to be back on time in order not the other members of the group to wait a long for them.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice cape sounio tour but definitely not worth the cost. tour itself was really short and location was great but just not worth the cost

2  Thank LisaAnne C
vik12, Ιδιοκτήτης at Key Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear guest,

I am very happy to know that you like our Cape sounio tour, but I am confused since although you like the tour you rate it with one star because not worth the cost. The cost is 43.00 per person including entrance fee at the monument, english speaking proffesional guide, pick up and drop off from your hotel and transfer to Poseidon temple which is located 80km from Athens. The tour itself is a half day afternoon tour starting at 15:00 and returning back around 18:45 and the main attraction except the temple is the view since you are passing from some of the most beautiful suburbs of Athens with amazing sea views.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We took the tour to Delphi in June 2013 as a couple. While the bus was comfortable and the guide Anastasia was fairly knowledgeable, we felt that the tour is too expensive for the services it offers. It charged us 10 euros extra each for lunch in Arachova, and the lunch was terrible. It was the worst meal I've had in Greece with stale rice, spagetti with very little sauce and 3 peices of fruit as dessert.
If you get a cheaper tour, please take it - after all, everyone will take you to the same museum and archeological site in Delphi, and the same village of Arachavo :)

vik12, General Manager at Key Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always try our best to make sure that our guests stay happy with our service and the tours offered. We are very happy to know that you enjoy Delphi tour and especially the temple and our guide Anastasia. I already pass your nice words to Anastasia and she is very happy with your comments.
As far as the menu is concerned I have to mentioned that what you are describing is not our original menu, most probable you asked for vegeterian dishes. Our menu consists of the following: cheese pie or Spagetti with sauce for first plate, chicken with lemon sauce and rice as main dish, seasonal salad and finally for desert fruits. Our associates always at the restaraunt tries always to fulfill any specail requirements and they can offer some additional dishes for example for striclty vvegeterian they are offering a typical Greek dish such as staffed tomatoes with rice.