“Excellent experience!!”

and up
Athens Scenic Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The fastest easiest and safest way to navigate many places in Athens that you can't in any other way. You can choose one of our escorted rides and explore our amazing city .Athens is transforming into a bike friendly city. In the center of the city around the Akropolis a huge archaeological park has been built with many paths and pedestrian streets. With a bike, you can relax, enjoy and explore the backstreets of Athens. Using a bike you'll able to reach locations that you can't in other ways.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Manos was awesome. Despite him feeling a little under the weather he still showed us an amazing time covering all around the acropolis and surrounding areas. Communication was as simple as emailing our route and private excursion preference and showing up ready to go. Would recommend this venue to anyone ready to have fun with some learning thrown in!

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Northern VA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Fun Family-friendly Way to Get Around Athens”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Manos was very helpful and even adapted our bike trail to accommodate the younger ages in our group. Athens at night is not the most safe area, but he provided a very safe and fun experience for our group of 8. He took us to see a wonderful view of the Parthenon. He brought us up a hill to see the whole Athens skyline. Manos showed us through all of the big Athenian attractions. We got amazing pictures and our oldest AND youngest travelers said they had a great time.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank DesiTrvler
Markham, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Lot of Fun and Great Way to See Athens”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was in Athens for a conference and from my schedule only had a few hours to see the city and get in a bike ride. I had started corresponding with the owner Manos a few weeks before my trip so by the time I arrived he knew exactly what I needed. He fitted my mountain bike with a bottle cage, lights, and saddle bag and mapped out all the relevant points of interest, areas to avoid, and must sees.

Riding solo, I was at first a little nervous but to my surprise the drivers in Athens are very accommodating - more so than here at home. I guess they're used to mopeds darting in and out of traffic so they're very aware of what's going on around them. Also being an old city the roads are not a grid pattern so it is easy to get lost, however the people are very helpful, most everyone speaks English - just have your map and show where you want to go. The advantage of getting lost is that I ended up in some lovely residential areas and away from the touristy high traffic areas.

Upon returning to the shop Manos greeted me with a high five and because I was a little late he treated my friends who were waiting for me with his home made vreka (like ouzo) he also joined them for espressos.

Seeing Athens on bike completed my trip, sure it was a little adventurous but a lot fun. Manos is a wonderful host and if I had more time I would have taken a guided tour to see the rest of the sights that I missed.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jeff L
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Brilliant brilliant brilliant”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I really I can't say enough good things about the owner of this company and his bikes were great too. The owner help us out in our moment of need a true gentleman - deeply appreciate his kindness

1 Thank Adrian L
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bikes but even better owner”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I just stopped by Athens By Bike for an afternoon bike rental. I had a really easy time corresponding with Manos, the owner, prior to our arrival, and the bikes were ready as we'd hoped. Manos did an amazing job making sure the bikes were customized for us, even attaching his own basket to mine so I'd have a place to put my backpack, a pump, a lock, and a repair kit. He did a fantastic job explaining the local sites and giving us a great itinerary. We left the shop and unfortunately a short while into our ride one of my tires popped. We took the bike back to the shop and Manos could not have been nicer. I'm not sure if we'll be able to get back to the store while we're here, but I would definitely recommend it!

Visited May 2014