“great experience!”

and up
Athens Scenic Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The fastest easiest and safest way to navigate many places in Athens that you can't in any other way. You can choose one of our escorted rides and explore our amazing city .Athens is transforming into a bike friendly city. In the center of the city around the Akropolis a huge archaeological park has been built with many paths and pedestrian streets. With a bike, you can relax, enjoy and explore the backstreets of Athens. Using a bike you'll able to reach locations that you can't in other ways.
Castrop-Rauxel, Germany
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great experience!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

In April we spent 10 days in Athens and rented the bikes for all these days.
We enjoyed every day without any problems, smog or accidents.
The bikes were perfect for town-biking!

The first day Manos showed us (two) the Acropolis area. His cheerful and kind nature made this trip unforgettable. We learned a lot about the highlights but even more about the hidden treasures of Athens.
On the second day we made the trip to the coast with Manos. He explained all the rules and secrets of "how to bike Athens" and showed us a lot of interesting spots all over the marina. We had a great meal at a fish-restaurant. What a pity, Manos did not arrange a proper sunset for us!

On our own we made several wonderful trips to the coast always going back by tram (1,20 Euro pP).

Highly recommended!

• Turkish first
Helena, Montana
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I rented a bike on one of the islands that was way too small, so I contacted Manos for something better. He rented me the perfect bike for several days, and since I am a mechanic, outfitted me with tools and lights.

Store hours, at least in the spring are by appointment, so contact by email or phone to set up appointment.

1 Thank Linda G
Kitimat, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Manos is the difference.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We totally enjoyed a 2 hour bike tour with Manos and 3 other cyclists that turned into a pleasant 3 1/2 hours.
You will be very well taken care of, entertained, enriched by Manos's knowledge and did I mention laugh?
Why walk with the crowds when you can cover so much ground on a bike?
I'd do this tour again in a heart beat.

1 Thank Kelly M
Pristina, Kosovo
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I will simply say everything that people say about Manos and the service he provides is true. Highly recommended. Having done a lot of travelling in Europe recently and constantly having to be on your guard from unscrupulous taxi drivers, restaurant owners etc etc. What a refreshing change to meet someone like Manos. A true gentlemen with great recommendations for restaurants and other attractions.

I hope you get that single speed bike soon Manos !!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dicko954
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and the unforgettable ride M .
If I ever get one ss just the half as good as yours, would be great!
Please give my greetings to N. I hope we'll meet again guys...
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to tour with personal guide”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Our family ( kids ages 10 & 8) really loved the athens by bike tour. Manos does a super job of giving the riders a personable and in-depth tour of not only the landmarks of Athens, but his favorite spots. He timed our ride perfectly for the changing of the guards. We also liked his laid back approach to ensuring we had ample breaks and snacks for the kids. We saw the city from some incredible vantage points that coupled with his personal account left us with a great grasp on the history of the city. Manos was really intent on ensuring we had a great time and he succeeded! Thanks, Manos!!

1 Thank kaufmanel
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
I can't describe how wonderful I feel reading that your family (especially the kids) had a nice time with me.
I hope when they grow up will still remember this experience and will visit Athens again for an in depth exploration... :)