“Great bike tour..Manos is the best!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Athens Scenic Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The fastest easiest and safest way to navigate many places in Athens that you can't in any other way. You can choose one of our escorted rides and explore our amazing city .Athens is transforming into a bike friendly city. In the center of the city around the Akropolis a huge archaeological park has been built with many paths and pedestrian streets. With a bike, you can relax, enjoy and explore the backstreets of Athens. Using a bike you'll able to reach locations that you can't in other ways.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Great bike tour..Manos is the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hello,
We arrived in Athens after an overnight trip from Maryland. We arrived,checked into our hotel and headed to our late afternoon bike tour. There were four in our party,and we were not an easy four!! It was myself,my sister(who had stitches in her leg from a dog bite,but she was still determined to ride),my 20 year old son who loves history,and my 18 year old daughter who could have cared less about the tour!! Manos our guide did the impossible and pleased an almost impossible group to please!! He gave my son enough history to please him,took it easy on my wounded sister and had fun teasing/playing with my daughter-she got such a kick out of him...he was determined for her not to be bored!!
The sites are beautiful and Manos is very knowledgeable,kind and funny!This is a tour not to be missed while in Athens!! Thanks Manos!

1 Thank karlimd
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi there,
Well, everything is true... :) :) :) , how could I forget your team...? You had so different needs that was a real challenge for me (especially your sister who was wounded) to please everyone.
I'm really happy we all had a nice time... :) !

• Czech first
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“The only way to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had to laugh when we booked this tour. Once they found out we were 50 odd couple we started getting emails reminding us it was hot and we need to be fit and so on.

We arrived at the shop and Chris again reminded us it was hot and it was uphill riding (I was starting to wonder if I looked like a geriatric). I said mate were from Australia its not hot because its not humid and its just a bike ride.

Away we went and it was fantastic. A great guide and we really covered some ground. After a while I found we were really moving and we started to clock up the KM's and the longer we went the more Chris seemed to enjoy himself and likewise we did.

We went past the time for the finish and Chris kept showing us the ins and outs of the area around the Acropolis. Eventually we got back to the shop and I had to ask what all the nonsense about heat was.

It turns out some of the guests young and old alike just aren't used to the exercise and the heat and fall apart in the first 20 minutes.!

But he did have a point. It was summer in a Mediterranean country and it was 38 Degrees and about 10% humidity when we did the ride. You cover a lot of ground mostly up and down hill. The bikes are decent so you don't have too much trouble but its about a 30 km ride and if you are not used to riding and the heat is a problem you could be in trouble.

It was a great ride with a great guide around a fantastic historical masterpiece in really pleasant weather.

Recommended without reservation

1 Thank Auscoach
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear visitor,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! The fact that some people are not used to cycling in the heat is true and that's why Chris was so cautious.
The ride as you mentioned has many up and down hills (since Athens isn't a flat city) but the ride isn't longer than 9 km.
We're really glad you had a nice time here and wish you keep cyclilng in every place you visit.
anthem, az
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“UNCONDITIONALLY THE BEST FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Everything about this tour was perfect. My family of 4 (myself, wife and 2 kids of 10 & 7) landed in port off a cruise ship and wanted nothing more than to break away from the 'cruise crowd' and see Athens without the tour bus, megaphone and dorky 'follow me' flags.... We coordinated this a couple weeks in advance and touched bases to finalize just before we left for the cruise. We ended up taking a taxi to the shop ONLY because we were unsure of the public transit (which we lather found out after experiencing it was for sure easy, safe, cheap and convenient). The shop owner Manos (sorry if I mis-spelled that but that is how it sounds in English) was AWESOME and cared about making our adventure complete and safe. He helped our youngest when he struggled up the hills, blended the fun facts and the real history perfectly and took the extra time to make sure was saw everything we could. He knew all the in's & outs of the best experiences and he is a great photographer that captured many photos we proudly display on our wall :-)

Visited December 2012
2 Thank jasonandjessicca
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hi Jason,
Thank you very much for your hilarious comments! You couldn't describe it in a funnier way...
That's why I love going around with a bike...
It was very pleasant and funny to pull "C" on the hills (fortunately weather helped a lot) as "H" proved to be a supergirl... :) They were both really sweet!
Please give Jessica my best wishes. You were an unforgettable family!
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Perfect way to discover Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We came in Athens foe a week and decided to book a Byke tour on our first day in order to discover the city ! We combined 2 tour the ancient Athens and the culinary one and it even my wife is not the most athletic one she manage very well to go until the end...Manos is very flexible and adjust everything for you to make your tour the most pleasant. He gave us many good advice and suggestion for our trip. It's actually a vey nice way to discover the city and we keep very good souvenir of our excursion...it's definitely something to consider to do during your trip in Athens.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Giftoma
Manos K, Owner at Athens by Bike, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hey T,
It's a great pleasure to read your review. We all had a great time during our bike ride around Athens. I hope you'll remember it for the rest of your life... :). You can be sure that I will.
I wish you have a really good life, you're such an apposite couple!
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Athens experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were newleweds at the start of our honeymoon in Athens!We booked with Manos on the phone who was very polite and friendly. We did the tour with Chris who looked after us very well and gave us an excellent tour of the city. He was very knowledgeable and passionate about Athens. The bikes are a great way to get around and far better than going on the carriage style bus tour I think.
Many thanks from the Irish :)

2 Thank J M