“Great day! Great guide! Go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Athens by Bike

and up
Athens Scenic Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The fastest easiest and safest way to navigate many places in Athens that you can't in any other way. You can choose one of our escorted rides and explore our amazing city .Athens is transforming into a bike friendly city. In the center of the city around the Akropolis a huge archaeological park has been built with many paths and pedestrian streets. With a bike, you can relax, enjoy and explore the backstreets of Athens. Using a bike you'll able to reach locations that you can't in other ways.
Northern Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day! Great guide! Go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wonderful 3 1/2hr tour with Chris our guide, very informative, interesting and covered much of the sights of Athens, feeling safe at all times. Everything was as we expected and more, we felt we were on an adventure! As two middle-aged travellers, it was an easy ride with plenty of stops and just a couple of inclines along the way. Chris was most attentive at all times, so hence we had a completely stress free tour and an amazing experience. We were on a cruise ship and directions were very clear on using the metro and making our way to the shop. Thanks again Chris.
Michael & Marian

• Turkish first
Queensland, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best three hours in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife, son and I booked on-line from Dubai. The web site was easy to navigate, and we received a reply straight away. We printed out the address in google maps and arrived a few minutes early. We were greeted by Chris with a big smile and he proceeded to ask our heights and fitted the bikes to the three of us. A quick potty stop in the back of the shop and we were on our way with minimal fuss. The bikes were in good condition and gears easy to operate. We grabbed some water at the top of the street and headed off to our first stop. Chris was very knowledgeable, articulate, easy to understand and after a few stops felt like we had known him for ever. We had straight runs, slight uphill, some downhill runs and all very safe and we stopped at all the points we had earmarked to see! At the end of the ride we felt energised and ready for the rest of the afternoon. At last we had found an activity that spanned the age gap, we in our 50's and our son 21. Well done Chris we all loved the interesting ride and would do it again!

5 Thank MagellanSingapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to tour Athens!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I arrived in Athens on Wednesday 24 October and attempted sightseeing by ourselves on foot, with limited success. On the Thursday we did a 3 hour tour with athensbybike.com and could not recommend it more. We visited places we would never have known existed and received a wealth of information from our friendly tour guide Christos, who spoke excellent English. The tours are private, so you don't get lost in a crowd and we were asked where we had been and if there was anywhere we wanted to go specifically, so a tour could be designed for us. Great value & a perfect way to get around the city to see the sights!!

4 Thank MelbourneDan-Anna
Tel Aviv, Israel
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Athens and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Bikers would not miss the opportunity to explore new places by bike. Renting the bike from Athens by Bike was easy, and while the shop is not open through the day, that was made by appointment. Manos and Chris were very helpful and polite, and made a special effort to let me bring the bike back on Sunday when most people don't work.
Others wrote about their experience around the antiquities in the city center, which is easy by bikes. I elected to explore Athens beyond the city borders and took the bike to Mount Parnitha, the tallest mountain around Athens. I took the bike on the tram part of the way which was very easy. As bikes are not possible to carry on buses, I made the rest of the way to the mountain by riding the bike. Navigation is easy. Climbing mount Parnitha was great and the view around the top of the mountain was spectacular. On the way back I just rode all the way to the city center in less than an hour. Let me summarize that renting bike from Athens by Bike was easy, the bike were reliable, and exploring beyond the city was great!

7 Thank MenachemR
Doha, Qatar
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Loved the AMAP tour on our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I highly recommend Athensbybike to anyone who wants to enjoy sightseeing by bike for a change! Tired of being crammed on tour buses with people I don't know (and few opportunities for questions), I decided to contact Athensbybike for the AMAP (as much as possible) tour. I communicated with Manos via email in the days before our tour, and was pleased to find his replies were very informative and prompt. Upon arriving in Athens, my husband and I found the bike shop very easily (it is located behind the Athens Gate Hotel). I was a little nervous, as I had not ridden a bike in a very long time and am very out of shape. We started the tour with Manos ensuring our seats were properly adjusted (good, because I don't know how to do that!), then we rode about a block where he bought bottled water for us (nice touch! - we had JUST arrived from the airport and weren't properly prepared). We saw so many wonderful sights, and covered SO MUCH GROUND that would have been IMPOSSIBLE to cover on foot. Manos was so informative - he even had pictures to show us of what the temples/ruins looked like when they were new. I actually wasn't expecting so much information, so that was a nice surprise. As an extra bonus, Manos carried our camera and caught lots of great photos of my husband and I riding together that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to get! It will be nice to have those to add to our photo book! This tour was absolutely perfect for us, because we were only in Athens that day before catching a ferry the next morning to Santorini. At the end of our tour, Manos made travel arrangements for us to get to our hotel in Pireaus. He also gave us a very good map, even taking the time to highlight the places we visited and the places we might want to visit at a later time. Thanks to Manos, when we returned to Athens from Santorini, we knew the sights where we wanted to return to. We had hoped to rent bikes (5 Euro/day I believe - cheap!) when we returned to Athens from Santorini, however we had to leave a day early due to a General Strike (Oct. 18) affecting the airport and public transportation (see? even better reason to do things by bike!). As far as physical fitness is concerned: yes, you will sweat, but no, you do not have to be some super fit bicyclist. In the event we return to Athens, we will definitely head back to the Athensbybike shop.

6 Thank katee86