“Like going home...”
Review of Taverna O Thespis - CLOSED

Taverna O Thespis
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I travel often to Athens, for pleasure and business when I take groups. It is always a pleasure to show up and be greeted like family. The food is consistently very good, fresh and plentiful. Thanassis, my favorite waiter! I always recommend them to my clients going to Athens and I never had anyone say less than wonderful food, service and area. If you are going with a group, call them to have your tables ready! Walking past Thespis, there is nothing but the Acropolis hill! Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank stella_sl

Reviewed February 17, 2011

Ate here on my first night in athens. It was ok, but disappointing. We were the only customers, but service was very very slow, though friendly. Anchovy starter very average.....cheese pie strarter very good. Fish main very ordinary.....as was the moussaka. Free puddings were a plus. Fell quite some way behind the other places i ate in athens

Reviewed December 19, 2010

We ate here 2 nights and would highly recommend the food and sevice.
The best greek salad, wonderful tzatziki and fabulous fish. Their ouzo and house red wine is recommended too.

2  Thank 255060Helen
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Taverna Thespidos is located on Thespidos street just off of Adrianou street. The location was on outdoor patios on a quiet street. We ate lunch at this taverna on two different occasions, we found the atmosphere and service enjoyable. The second time we had a half liter of the taverna's barrel red wine. It was interesting but good.

1  Thank RoundRockBob
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We ate at Taverna Thespis on our first and last night in Athens just like a previous reviewer. I think that alone speaks to the enjoyable experience that is to be had eating a this taverna. Each time we were given "on the house" extras such as ouzo and fried zucchini with our meal and made to feel like we were old friends. While the food was not of gourmet quality, it was very good and finely represented good greek cuisine. The main eating area consists of 3 terraces, each with outstanding higher views of the countryside and city as well as a side view of the acropolis walls. Taverna Thespis has a welcoming and romantic atmoshpere and very good food at a very reasonable cost.

1  Thank techandtravel