“Great vegan food”
Review of Peas

Peas
Ranked #640 of 3,164 Restaurants in Athens
Neighborhood: Koukaki
Description: Vegan and raw-vegan variety cafe and take away, that operates under the motto «give peas a chance». Serves a range of wraps, burgers, warm food, salads, cakes and deserts, all made from scratch with mostly organic vegetables and fruits, locally sourced from small producers. Juices, smoothies, soft-drinks and organic fairtrade coffee available.
Reviewed March 1, 2019

The food was excellent. We went twice. Not far from the Acropolis. Worth the walk.
Had the best vegan burgers I have ever had.
Second visit had great chocolate cake and hot chocolate.
Very friendly staff. Very social with a large shared table.
Good value.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank 422natashac
Leela C, Owner at Peas, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

So sorry for our late response 422natashac! We want to thank you for your amazing review! Hope we see you again when in Athens! all the best to you!

Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed February 15, 2019

Great find in Athens! I visited at least 3 times during my stay in Athens, Peas is just consistently delicious food with reasonable prices. I tried the breakfast toast with avocado, a couple of sandwiches, and lemon tart which were all delicious. They also sell coffee, smoothies and juices but I didn't get an opportunity to try. Also the people who work at Peas are very friendly and kind. Definitely stop in and enjoy some yummy vegan food :)

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank AnnaCPass
Leela C, Owner at Peas, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

so sorry for our late response AnnaCPass! Thank you very much for your great review for Peas! Hope we'll see you again when in Athens!

Reviewed January 15, 2019

If you want good value and a clean spot to dine vegan or vegetarian in Athens, this is the place.

For the record, I'm not a vegan or vegetarian; however, I do like to reduce the amount of meat I eat substantially to help our planet (and myself).

Since Greek dishes can be quite meat-heavy, I was more than ready for a change after a couple of days on kebabs and moussaka. I wanted a good-quality veggie or vegan place with interesting dishes; not a compromise option, but somewhere that stood on its own and offered a filling, nutritious lunch. This little cafe-cum-lunch spot delivered in every possible way.

It's clean and fast. Everything is prepared right in front of you with fresh Greek produce. There's a complimentary water dispenser, and home-made chilli sauce in the fridge.

I had the fennel soup, a mushroom burger and savoury pea pie. All were utterly superb and very filling.

Overall, it's a massive stamp of approval for Peas. If you are in the area and want a change from meat, this is the answer. Vegans and vegetarians in Greece: you could quickly find yourselves coming here daily for lunch. It's that good.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank popolskuprosze

Hello popolskuprosze!
First of all we apologise for our late response! We want to thank you for your amazing review! We have no words to describe the impact your comments have to us! As we are a pretty new business we are trilled to read that you recommend Peas as "a good value and a clean spot to dine vegan in Athens", because that is exactly our goal!!! Hope we see you again soon...

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

A small nice vegan street food restaurant near to Acropolis Athens. Very tasty food, smoothies and juices. They sale also vegan butters from nuts. Fair prices. Nice aesthetic but there is only one big table inside and hammocks and few places outside. Mostly to take away. Recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Vivi T
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Delicious homemade and filling food - the seitan and tempeh platter was just what I needed after a long trip! The smoothies look luxurious. Pleasant inside, with fun hammocks and a friendly owner who makes everything on the spot. We returned for another meal in less than 24 hrs!

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Silvia P
Leela C, Owner at Peas, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

thank you very much for your great review Silvia P! Our pleasure to treat you. Hope you'll join us again soon