“Nice quiet dinner”
Review of Lithos

Lithos
Ranked #28 of 3,033 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Psirri / Gazi
Description: Lithos is a Greek Tavern operating since 1996 Taste excellent greek food Located in the heart of Athens, area Psiri- (Historical Center of Athens) A convenient locatiion in the heart of Athens, next to Monastiraki , Ancient Agora and bordering with Plaka. It is a neighborhood of contrasts harmoniously blending the old with the new and rapidly turning into the Soho district of Athens near Monasteraki section of Athens Lithos Tavern is : Only few Blocks away from the Metro station Monastiraki and Only few blocks from Train station Thisio. Lithos serves from 5:30 PM at night until 12:00 AM in the evening every day Sunday serves noon from 13:00 open throughout the year. In the warmer months, you have the choice to either enjoy your dinner outside on the boardwalk Live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and noon ---------------------------------------------------------------- For private functions and business meeting of any occasion and time of day, further to the main restaurant we have one unique separate dining area (Mesogeios). This neoclassical building (Mesogeios)was built in 1896 Our private dining room Mesogeios Is situated next to Lithos door . The room has its own bar and seats up to 65 guests for, lunch or dinner. ----------------------------------------------------------------
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Ordered the lamb chops, spare ribs, moussaka, mussels, and grilled octopus. The octopus was my favorite. Our waiter, Kostas, was friendly and the manager was so nice and helpful where we can go to shop.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (4,292)

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Psiri has lots of options and the area is full of restaurants and crowded with people. Lithos has a nice heated outside area around the restaurant that is on a corner. Simple menu but good quality.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Delicious lamb shank. Wow. Fell right off the bone. The kalamata olive spread and bread were great appetizers. Fresh fruit and mastic fir dessert. Enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

There are a lot of good restaurants in central Athens. I asked at my hotel reception desk for a "Great" recommendation and was advised I had to try Lithos. Hotel clerk said it was the best in Athens, and he was absolutely right!

Kostas saw me on the sidewalk and started a friendly banter and right away I knew this was going to be a pleasant experience. He's an interesting and friendly person that will remember you on your subsequent visits and goes out of his way to make sure your enjoy yourself.

Everyone here was extremely friendly and approachable. I was eating solo and several servers stopped by to have a quick chat. One suggested I try the Lamb Shank, as its one of their specialties and I loved it! I won't give away their secret recipe ;) but I believe its slow cooked in honey and herbs. Also try the Davos Salad, delicious.

It was so good, I came back again the next night and ate again. HA!

Give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

My wife and I had only a weekend in Athens and wanted to make the most of it. This restaurant was really lively (noticeably more than those around it) and that's saying something the area in general is great with a huge selection of restaurants and bars. The food was great (in particular the slow cooked lamb) and the service was excellent - great banter with Kostas. I thought it was pretty well priced as well. We'll definitely be back.