“Nice!!”
Review of Gallery Demeter

Gallery Demeter
Ranked #21 of 199 Shopping in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: high quality, in greece manufactured and hand made MUSEUM COPIES in BRONZE - Marble - Ceramic - Resin
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice work, nice that everything in the store is not just another touristy fake, nice prices for the quality, and nice helpful service.

All reviews
"display"
"greece"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2014

A nice, professional place to buy quality souvenirs. Genuine goods and the gallery owner is a true humble gentleman. Prices are good for the quality as well as you get wonderful discounts. If looking for souvenirs, the best place in Athens to be!

1  Thank zapumal
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Give yourself a present by visiting this gallery: beautiful collection for attractive prices. Very friendly and patient owner. I came back yesterday to buy some nice pieces of art that he carefully wrapped for the voyage. I am very happy with the things I bought!

2  Thank 336LouiseT
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped in just because of the Trip Advisor reviews. It clearly is a shop with quality reproductions and the sales staff are in no way agressive or pushy. This should be a must stop if you are looking for a quality piece to remember your visit.

1  Thank LostWanderluster
See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Gallery Demeter is my absolute favorite shop in Athens. I have been visiting Greece almost yearly for the past seven years and always make Gallery Demeter my first stop when in Athens. Savas Zoidis, the delightful owner of Gallery Demeter, has designed a stunning shop, filled with excellent quality bronze replicas and equally excellent quality ceramic and marble statues and vases. He sells some jewelry as well. Everything is tastefully presented and Savas and his sweet cat, Penelope, make this my favorite place to visit while in Athens. I always purchase my souvenirs and gifts to take home from Savas and one year bought a large bronze ship model (gorgeous!) and Savas packaged it with great care and it arrived in beautiful shape. The quality and prices of the pieces Savas sell are the best and he provides the name of the artist and some background information on statues that you buy. I know I am getting good quality here from a reliable and very nice person. I believe the sign saying "Gallery Demeter" is no longer hanging over the shop, so look for number 8 Vyronos, one of the main streets into the Plaka. It is on the corner one or two blocks into the Plaka from the pedestrian street that surrounds the Acropolis. My home is filled with treasures from this shop and I am always reminded of Greece and good times there when I see them.

4  Thank SuzanneGrecophile