“Breakfast, lunch and dinner near Divani Palace Acropolis”
Review of Piato El Greco

Piato El Greco
Reserve a Table
Ranked #105 of 3,066 Restaurants in Athens
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

A very nice place about 2 minutes walk from the Divani Palace Acropolis. If you want fresh fish this is a great place. Grandpa goes to the fishing boats every morning to select the best catch. He also goes to the bakery to get fresh breads and markets for produce. We were staying at the Davani. Finding a breakfast place so close was great. We had a great breakfast for half the price of the Divani buffet. The personal touch you get in so many Greek restaurants is so nice. Many are family owned and this one is too. It makes a difference. If Trip Advisor had 6 stars, this would get 6 stars.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

We were staying in an hotel just nearby and had this recommended by our guide. This is a relatively new family business and they are really trying to please. The service was good and friendly with assistance from two young daughters of the family. I had a hamburger stuffed with cheese complimented by a Greek salad - excellent but just too much to eat. I think nearly all the seating is indoors which may not suit some. It is a very short distance from the nearby Stratigou Makrygianni street by the museum and metro where you can sit outside but where you have to run the gauntlet fighting off the numerous offers of dinner - I prefer not to be hassled. One thing tom watch - they do not take cards yet. We happened to have just enough cash but they actually suggested we pay the next day - nice trusting people.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I recently spent two weeks in Athens and stayed in a hotel near Piato El Greco. Over the course of the two weeks my family and I went to Piato El Greco about ten times. Each time the food was terrific and the staff was very friendly and gracious. I spoke with and got to know the owners, Olga and Takis, along with Andreas and Petros, the wait staff. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people. If you in the area, go to Piato El Greco. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was just down the street and was recommended by our driver from the airport. The food was fabulous, the portions were large, the owner was so friendly and helpful. Our daughter could not have gluten and he recommended the fish and it was excellent. He artfully took out the bones, what a presentation! The prices were great. The next night we had drinks and celebrated my niece's birthday and he sang happy birthday in Greek. This was a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

The El Greco is well worth tracking down. It is brimming with friendliness and the food is quality, yet at a great price. I have described it as mid-range, but the prices are better.

It is slightly away from the repetitive tourist traps in Plaka, but still within easy walking distance.

Look out for George and Adrian, who are extremely helpful, both with food recommendations, but also with very practical tourist advice. If/when I return to Athens, this will definitely be on my list to visit again.