“Beautiful Romantic Setting”

Ranked #45 of 3,059 Restaurants in Athens
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Reviewed April 12, 2018

This restaurant offers gourmet food at relatively affordable prices. For the atmosphere, the taste, and the originality of the dishes, I was expecting a huge bill, but we got away with a three-course meal for three people for under 100 euro! Incredible! And the balcony is just too beautiful. It really makes the city feel romantic and fun.

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed April 9, 2018

This restaurant is excellent! Delicious food and good service. We ate there at lunch, and so sat outside on the balcony, but the interior looks good too. We were a group of 4, and decided to try different things.

We started off with the cheese souffle & pear chutney and the fresh grilled calamari! Both dishes were excellent, and more than enough so that all of us could try. We also had the valerian salad, and it was heavenly!!

Our main meals were the: Black Angus sirloin, which was cooked to perfection, the sea bream (2 people ordered that) and both raved about it, and the slipper lobster which looked really amazing.

We accompanied our meal with white wine (Estate Dio Fili) and that was just a perfect wine for the meal.

Note that there is a parking garage very close by (if you go by car), but the Acropolis metro station isn't too far away, so this little gem is easily accessible.

Also, I should mention that while the restaurant does have an elevator, if it isn't working you have to climb up quite a few stairs to get to the balcony.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time. Beautiful view on the roof, food, wine and an excellent service.
We will come back again

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018

I only had one meal (a dinner) at the Balcony Restaurant so I probably shouldn’t judge it solely on that basis. However, I found the food to be only ordinary and very heavily salted.

First, the pluses: The Balcony Restaurant is on the top floor of a small house (that can be accessed by an elevator) and the beautiful deck where you can eat has a beautiful view of the Plaka. On a nice Spring evening, this can mean a lot. The service is top-notch and everyone was very friendly. Prices were reasonable.

Now, the minuses: I had the spinach, caramelized pear salad with cheese bread rolls which was, strangely enough, quite salty. I might have thought this an aberration, but my main course, the risotto with blue crab, chard and kale was also very salty. In addition, the chard and the kale overwhelmed the blue crab to such an extent that I only tasted a hint of the crab itself. Fortunately, the wine was not salty, so it was good to be able to swallow the salt away with a glass (or so) of the wine.

So unfortunately I can’t really recommend the Balcony Restaurant. As I said, perhaps it wasn’t fair to review the place on only one visit, but I thought I should caution everyone that this might happen.

2  Thank DCTraveler2222
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Good restaurant with nice city view & a dedicated staff always with a smile. Opted for Greek cuisine; octopus with eggplant salad & some dish Bone marrow *** I forgot the name though were really good. I advise reserve your table before you go as this place is a popular dining joint & you will find it mostly occupied.

1  Thank Soi_Traveler