All reviews small kitchenette minute walk sygrou fix within walking distance quiet street hotel is located metro station safe area modern rooms location is great nice balcony stayed nights acropolis museum side street syntagma square neighborhood microwave
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a very good and welcoming hosting in Tony Hotel. The apartments are comfortable, the location of the hotel is close to the major attractions in Athens and the staff was very cooperative and ready to help in any time.
Mostly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I stayed at Hotel Tony for five nights in August, 2018. It was my first trip to Athens, so I needed some advice as to food, tours, things to do, etc. Thanos, who works at the hotel, was outstanding in the service he provided. Thanos gave me detailed advice on places to eat, attractions, self-guided walking tours, and just about everything I could think of. He was truly helpful and knowledgeable.

This hotel is within walking distance of the entrance to the Acropolis, a few blocks away, but most of the walk is slightly uphill. Once I got accustomed to walking around this neighborhood of Athens, I began to realize that it is generally quite safe, as long as one observes the normal precautions.

I stayed in the guest room upstairs on the terrace level which has one window near the bed providing a view of the Parthenon. The room was spacious, and I had everything I needed. There was a small refrigerator to store water and drinks. The shower and bathroom were modern and quite good. There was plenty of hot water and water pressure for my showers. Housekeeping work was good. The air conditioning took a little bit of time to cool down the room, but it worked. There is also a cold water dispenser at the lobby level near the elevator. The bed was clean and comfortable.

In my opinion, this neighborhood surrounding the Hotel Tony is very representative of residential Athens in the inner city. I liked the vibe. Thanos called taxis whenever I needed them. He sent the taxi to pick me up at the Athens airport on my arrival day, per my advance request. He arranged an out-of-city afternoon/evening tour that I wanted. All of it worked out great. If I return to Athens, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel Tony has one room on the upstairs terrace level that has a high window near the bed with a fairly decent view of the Parthenon.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2018

My family of four adults stayed 6 nights...three nights before and after our tour outside Athens. Thanos was very helpful and provided a special rate for the superior family 2 bedroom apartment via email (better than any of the online booking sites).

Thanos provided recommendations for supper when we arrived the first night. During our stay, he called a taxi for us to take up Lykavitto/Lykabettus Hill. He also confirmed my research of Philopappos Hill was not safe for tourists.

The rooms were very clean and bathroom was larger than what I was expecting.The area felt safe to walk at night. We found a supermarket, mini market and a craft beer store one street over...Veikou Street. We didn't use the roof top area so can't comment on this.

There is no breakfast at this hotel but there are options in the area. The closest to the hotel was Coffee House Food & Drink on Zinni St. for omelettes (which was scrambled eggs) and freshly squeezed orange juice. Very tasty and they opened up very early in the morning.

If you want to leave a Euro each day for the housekeeper, then leave it on the pillow instead otherwise they won't take it from the table near the bed. I would definitely recommend this hotel because of its room price, location and staff.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

What essentially makes a great hotel? I believe it is being able to sleep like you’re in your on bed. Hotel Toni did it better, I slept better than I have in years. I’ve stated in a quite a few hotels, more than a few at the high end of the market and none have got the essence of what makes a good hotel as much as hotel Toni.

If you are like me and are in Athens for the culture, hotel Toni is perfectly located for exploring and coming back after a hard days climbing the hills of Athens.

It’s also very quiet and in what feels like a safe area, so walking back at night is great.

Can’t recommend this hotel highly enough.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2018

This is an apartment hotel that is located at the foot of the Acropolis. It is also 5 min away from the Metro station. The neighborhood is residential, but few streets down there are a lot of restaurants and grocery stores. The apartment that we stayed in was renovated and clean and it was quiet and as if you go to someones else's small 1.5 room apartment. The only thing I would suggest to improve is that the douche does not have a curtain and that makes the bathroom wet.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family