“Really authentic Greek food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strofi

Strofi
Ranked #62 of 3,596 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: Two blocks south of the Acropolis, this restaurant is the perfect place to refuel after a day hiking through the ruins, or after a show at the nearby Odeon Theater.Ask for a seat in the rooftop garden — views of the Acropolis are spectacular. Smart-casual. Reservations suggested.Working Hours: Tuesday -Sunday from 12:00pm to 1:00am Every Monday closed
“Really authentic Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Such nice staff and the food was just delicious. We tried many of the local specialties including goat and rooster. Desserts were really good. Must have the milk pie. View of the Acropolis was unbelievable, but here, go for the food not the view! Best in Athens. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geilenkirchen, Germany
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the second we walked into the restaurant, we were tended to by at least three different waiters. We were whisked to the rooftop for dinner and served great entrees along with a view of the Acropolis all lit up. My husband decided on the cod fish while I had the veal fillet steak--both were excellent choices as we sampled each other's dishes like we always do. The house wine was surprisingly light and tasted good, and the dessert was yummy--I ordered the baklava and my hubby had the chocolate pie with ice cream. The bill was only 64 Euros which is equal to approx. $85, which I believe was a fantastic price for everything. We would definitely go back if we were staying longer. Reservations are recommended.

• Visited November 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice view. Nice ambience. Food average, not exactly to my liking. A bit on the salty side. Price is fair. Service is good.

• Visited February 2013
Athens, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food quality, service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent Greek fare with engaging service. Ask for a terrace table and dine with the Parthenon above. Between my wife and me we ordered house wine, bread, four appetizers and two desserts, and we had to walk around Plaka after. Everything we tasted was just perfect, traditional and abundant.

• Visited November 2013
Canada
“Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stopped here late in the evening after walking along the lovely pedestrian way below the Acropolis. The maitre d' was nice and allowed me to sit on the terrace at the table with the best view of the Parthenon on the Acropolis. At night that central Athens icon is an even more impressive sight than during the day! I only tried a simple dish -- beans and rice but it was very tasty and well prepared. The restaurant was not full at that late hour and at first the waiter seemed bothered that I did not order a three course meal but he was still helpful.
It should be noted that the terrace is wrap-around and narrow so reserve if you want to sit outside and groups will have to be split up to sit on the terrace. While the restaurant is not cheap, it is much less expensive than nearby humungous over-priced Dionysius (though the view of the Acropolis is more expansive there).

• Visited October 2013