“best calamari i've ever had”
Review of Strofi

Strofi
Ranked #82 of 2,422 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: Two blocks south of the Acropolis, this restaurant is the perfect place to refuel after a day hiking through the ruins, or after a show at the nearby Odeon Theater.Ask for a seat in the rooftop garden — views of the Acropolis are spectacular. Smart-casual. Reservations suggested.Working Hours: Tuesday -Sunday from 12:00pm to 1:00am Every Monday closed
Reviewed June 15, 2013

arrived in athens late and looking for dinner. the hotel recommended strofi which we arrived at, at approx 11pm. Not too late for dinner in Greece at all. The welcomed us in to a tanble on the 1st floor and when a table on the terrace ipened up they moved us upstairs.

we had calamari for entree and it was probably the best we had both ever had! loved it. mains were also great. I had the lamb wrapped in vine leaves.

should have gone back here before we left

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On our first night of our honeymoon we wanted something special and my husband had booked in Strofi a table to make me a surprise.... What a great surprise!!!!! Really amazing restaurant with high standards of food and service. The view of Acropolis is something that will leave me a mark on my mind. I didn't want to leave this place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found this restaurant when I was in Athens in 2011 and had such a wonderful meal I had to go back on my recent return trip to Athens. It was all as I remembered. The food is wonderful, the service is impeccable and the view from the rooftop is magnificent. It is a wonderful place !!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Strofi Restaurant, was a great way to end our Greek holiday. On the rooftop, with an amazing view of the Acropolis, we enjoyed fresh, generous greek cuisine. We recommend the wine leaves, not vine leaves and zucchini balls for starters and we both had goat dishes for main. The meals are generous in portions and as this is a little more upmarket, the prices are also.
Our only complaint was the courses came out too quickly. We needed more breathing space there.
Otherwise...all good. Book early if you want the rooftop...on the day is too late!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our hotel (Athens Gate) recommended Strofi just a block from the southern entrance of the Acropolis and we were delighted with the experience. I enjoyed the beets and yogurt appetizer which came with the beet greens and a dash of olive oil, followed by the lamb and cheese wrapped in grapes leaves (while my teen age daughter went for the grilled chicken and a side of garlic bread. Everything was prepared and served with distinction. The atmosphere was simple elegance with preferred second floor dining that offered a peak at the Acropolis though our focus was on the food. Baklava dessert was excellent. Highly recommended.