“DINNER IN ALTAMIRA - EXCELLENT”
Review of Altamira - CLOSED

Altamira
Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kolonaki / Lykavittos
Istanbul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DINNER IN ALTAMIRA - EXCELLENT”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had dinner on 15 Mar 14 in Altamira after reading some Tripadvisor reviews. Overall the experience was excellent. The first impressions on walking upstairs were confirmed by very convivial surroundings. The initial service was excellent, as we had not booked on a Saturday evening, and there were few tables free.

The menu is very interesting, and it is a change to see Asian Fusion in Greece. Chose a starter to share and we had two excellent main courses, with 2 bottles of great wine chosen by the maitre'd.

For anyone who has a taste for something a bit more spicy and lively than the usual Greek fare, give Altmira a go. I will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“Love everything about this place..”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have visited Altamira restaurant many times and I must say that above all I like the building itself. It feels like you get in one of the old houses of Athens with a wooden staircase and tall ceiling.The food is very good with many choices in different cuisines and the wine list also satisfactory. Overall I would suggest it for a nice dinner with friends-very relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Athens, Greece
“excellent food and the deserts mama mia!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food is ethnic, tastefull, especially the mexican You must deside among a great variety, and thw stuff is very helpfull and ready to explain everything. Don't forget to drink first margarita, one of the best in Athens, and ofcourse the desserts.
The restaurant its at a luxurious house of around 1880, reconstructed, with painted ceilings, and a fantastic wooden scale. Also the music its nice and the service its quick.
The price its about 15 euros per person

• Visited January 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“this is not a chinese!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

me and my partner used trip advisor to search for a decent Chinese restaurant in central Athens when this restaurant popped up so we set off one evening to find it and really struggled despite asking locals numerous times! it was tucked away behind a church and barely showed any resemblance of being a restaurant at all. When we arrived we asked the waiter if this was the restaurant we were looking for and he said yes of course, however when we read the menu we realised he blatantly said that just to get us sat down as the cuisine was far from Chinese but Mexican and indian! by this point we already had drinks so had no choice but to stay. My partner had fajitas and I had the pesto beef burger which was nice but pricey! the service was ok but nothing special, had to try make eye contact with the waiter and owner to give our orders AND ask for the bill despite it not being busy at all. Wouldn't go back there and wouldn't recommend it!

• Visited January 2014
“Many many many choices”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

You can choose from 4 entirely different menus, For example you can have a Mexican starter, a Chinese main and an Arabic or Indian desert if you wish. Every time I go there I take a lot of time to decide what to order. Service is pretty good and relatively quick.Nice(mainly jazz) music. Price is about 25-30 euros for two main dishes, a salad, and a starter. I wish the portions where a little bit larger.
If you enjoy having a lot of choices, its the place to dine out

• Visited May 2013