“Nive friendly place”

Amrapali Clarks Inn, Deoghar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Deoghar
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed for one night at this hotel.Nice clean rooms though a bit small than the usual 4-5* hotels.Good service from check in to room service. Breakfast spread though decent can be better .Location is very good and especially if someone needs to go to the famous temples.

Anyone planning to travel by road to Deogarh from Patna side are advised to ensure that they reach Deogarh by 6,30 pm or before dusk and come straight to this hotel for a confortable stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank SinghCzar
There are newer reviews for Amrapali Clarks Inn, Deoghar

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was my first trip to deoghar with my family and the town really needs to be cleaned. It is a one of the important religious towns but place is too dirty. Only solace was this hotel. I have already stayed in Clarks Inn Lucknow around 4 years back and they are one of the best in business.
We had booked 2 suites and the rooms were clean and properly maintained. But the downside is the staff, seems that they also have been taken over by the local culture, they need to be given a lesson in hospitality.
Breakfast needs to be more elaborate considering the cost they are charging.
But nevertheless my family enjoyed the stay. Thanks

Room Tip: Donot take rooms on the top floor, it is hot
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sam S
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was my second stay in the hotel in this small temple town in Jharkhand. This time we stayed in a suite room with my family. This is the only upscale property in town, barely a year old and in that regards stands out. All the basic amenities, and comfort are available, rooms are of decent size, and with good facilities.

Food is amazingly tasty and wonderful. However one gets a shock when in the restaurant they can give you curd with paratha, but deny having curd when you ask in room service. Thats a bit odd to digest.

What was completely striking was the chauffeur who went to the station to receive us, had a placard bearing my name, train name and no and even my mobile no. This is totally unacceptable where my personal details were being highlighted without my knowledge. And this shows lack of training of the staff since no one seemed to even realise when I complained to the front office manager and staff. It appeared it was a non issue for them.

The hotel is centrally placed with barely 10 minutes to the temple and to my school. Food choices could be much better. Staff in restaurants and front office could be a bit more pleasing and not look stressed and tired all the time.

Overall a good property in town, and we would be back whenever we visit next.

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively new and good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SoumenChowdhury
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed this hotel for a day and to sum it up it was wonderful. I booked it form UK by telephone thru Mr Thakur and he suggested me premier room and even arranged a pick up from the railway station.

The driver was on the and stay was pleasant. Room was spacious and service was good too. Only the food left a lot to be desired. I ordered on their suggestion chicken jodhpuri and it was not upto mark but everything else was good.
They even arranged a complimentary drop to one of my relatives. The driver was very nice.

This hotel actually in lot of terms in relation to their service, decor, rooms surpassed my expectations. There was a party in the night so the noise bothered me in the night but I was too tired to sleep.

I will if I ever go to deogarh will stay the hotel. I think one of the front desk girl Vandana was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank anurag_y
Reviewed January 24, 2014

If you wanna stay in standard hotel (as per quality and management of Hotel standards) this is ONLY in deoghar..
Deoghar is small town known for temple of Lord Shiva (BABA-DHAM), so do not compare with other city Star hotel types , there are plenty local type hotels but this Hotel is above all in mean of standard and hospitality.
Location: is perfect near tower chowk
Ambience: Good
Reception area is good and prompt
Hotel entrance, foyer is good decorated and you will feel it as you enter the hotel
Cafe area is small but good and have a variety of bake items
Rooms are small but good with all modern things.good variety of bed pillows and lighting in room is ok.bathroom is also good with good equipment
Staffs : Ther are 2 type of Staff in Hotel ..few are of hotel standard but few of them are not as per hotel standard (may be new and time will !!!)
Food : is good and rate is reasonable
Gym is there on 5th floor and complementary for me
Problem of parking is GREAT DRAWBACK of hotel....hope hotel management will solve this !!!
Restaurant is there with room service and waiter ( same here also..few are good but few are not as per standard)
few of toiletries are chargeable/paid (!!!!! REASON ).
room has LCD with all ALL d2h channels.
newspaper is there but magazines should be included
if Local travel guide also provided, it will help a lot as town is small and still in developing condition.
No pool and no spa yet..

I will definitely recommend this hotel in Deoghar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank UPSINHA
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This luxury hotel is conceptualized as a landmark in Devgarh. Hotel Amrapali Clarks Inn, Deoghar is the best choice for you and is located around 6 km from the Jasidih Railway Station and 1KM from the Baidyanath Temple. Come in for its fantastic set of facilities packed with personalized services,most lavishly furnished accommodation options in Devgarh ensure you have a comfortable and memorable stay during your Devgarh tour.If you are looking for a decent place to spend the night, luxurious rooms would surely spellbind and compel you to come to Devgarh again and again and stay at Hotel Amrapali Clarks Inn only. Spend a devotional hours in the stunning Baba Baidyanath Temple and enjoy easy access to the surrounding areas.The best part of the hotel are the extremely supportive and receptive staff always willing to help and doing all they can to make your stay comfortable. I like to mention here the name of Mr. Raju who treated us very well. The overall services and demeanor added to the pleasures of the family vacation at every step of our stay. The charming restaurant will drive you crazy with its tranquil ambiance and a delectable assortment of food. Rooms have soft colored ceilings, subdued lighting with pleasing and gratifying ambiance. There is a well maintained private bathroom in each room with extra towels, complimentary toiletries and shower. We had a very very very comfortable stay...

Room Tip: Windows opening towards road side are best choice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Yogesh2801
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We visit Deoghar every year for Baba Baidyanath darshan.This year we planned to stay at Clark inn as we had stayed in clarks properties in Delhi and Allahabad but that was our mistake. Doesnt looks that this hotel is from same group in any aspects.May be due to name Amrapali which is added before it,franchise issue. Its a new property.Rooms were clean.But rest every thing was terrible.Room service was very slow,we have to remind at least two times for an order.We had ordered tea and some snacks and had to wait One hour.Food is not up to the mark and over priced. And it looks may be for cost cutting,there looks shortage of staffs too.Overall skip this hotel if you can stay without star property,there are many better hotel in less rate available in Deoghar.

This hotel is horrible and staff are also poor in knowledge. start from Reception, Room Service & restaurant. Staffs never greet to the guest and even they charge something extra. when I asked about extra charge then reply was higher management told to charge extra from the guest.

Tea was testless and below standard than any footpath dhaba.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple