“First class B and B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rooms at no Three, Chameleon House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harleston
Rooms at no Three, Chameleon House
Ranked #2 of 7 Harleston B&B and Inns
Thetford, United Kingdom
“First class B and B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just arrived home from wonderful stay at Chameleon House my husband, my two children and their families.From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and as other people have said it is a quirky and fascinating place.The rooms are very clean and well looked after. Ginni and Peter deserve to do well they have put a lot of effort into making things just right.
The breakfast was excellent we had full english and everybodys plates were clean including the childrens.Can highly recommend and would love to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This wonderful b and b has been renovated in an imaginative and quirky way making it unique and interesting and yet is so thoughtfully appointed with the kind of attention to detail that really makes a difference. The room we stayed in (2000) was converted into a family suite for us with the children having the most fantastic bedrooms on the top floor whilst we had the benefits of a bedroom and separate living area with it's own "wood burner style" gas fire and wonderful furry throws- very cozy. The addition of a fridge, microwave and sink meant that we could choose to be properly independant if we wanted, and how wonderful to discover, as well as the usual tea and coffee making facilities a large tin with a choice of cereals or granola! The owners are the most welcoming and thoughtful couple who couldn't do enough to make our stay a real pleasure. All in all the perfect retreat and exceptional value for money. We will definately be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Harleston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Saturday night, place full of people enjoying themselves, all rooms occupied, everyone without exception loved the rooms, service and location.
The food was first class, Ginnie and her team gave the best service possible.
I asked nearly 45 people that were there that night and everyone loved the place, one of our friends are even thinking about using it for their wedding reception. Recommend that you try this place.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary T
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. Two families of 4., 2 rooms. The Chameleon set up was perfect for us. On the Friday we had dinner in the restaurant (4 adults 4 young children) they accommodated us perfectly in the restaurant, food was good and fairly priced. Staff excellent. Breakfast is served in your room (well apartment to do it justice) which when you have young children works really well. The guys have catered for children well i.e. board games/toys in the rooms. We were in room 2000 which is apartment like, having a separate room for the children was great, however steep stairs (may be worth having a stair gate at the top) however it is advised on the website when you book so we were aware. Would recommend Chameleon highly!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richard B
Gargrave, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from staying at this beautiful property. We were visiting family in this lovely Market Town and the Restaurant with Rooms was highly recommended to us. There are 3 letting bedrooms in the beautifully renovated property and we stayed in Room 2001 with en suite facilities. The decor is absolutely fabulous, it was a truly "home from home" experience.
Breakfast was served in our room and our table was situated in the window overlooking the street. The food was mouth watering and there was a great choice to choose from.
The owners, Ginni and Peter were very welcoming, friendly people.
We will definitely be staying here again when next down visiting family, and we cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara G
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I came to stay as a friend had a wedding in the area and the reviews on here looked great so I booked a room for myself and my boyfriend at the time. The hotel lived up to my expectations, the rooms were lovely, well equipped and clean. I was part of a group staying at the hotel and we were left to our own devices which was exactly what we wanted and so was great.

Unfortunately my stay ended on a bad note when we came to settling the bill. At the time of booking I had made the reservation for 2 people to share the room but in the week leading up to our stay my boyfriend, of 6 years, and I separated and so he did not come to the wedding with me. I was therefore occupying the room on my own. When it came to paying the bill I was informed that I would still need to pay the enhanced price for 2 people as this is what I had stated at booking and 'it was not their fault' that I had come on my own in the end. I explained the circumstances apologising for not calling ahead but that the week had been particularly distressing for me due to the break up and had not thought to do so. The price difference was £60. I was then told as a gesture that I could have a £15 discount which was not to my satisfaction as that would have been the cost for the 2 breakfasts that I had not had! I would understand if being informed in advance would have allowed me to be moved to a smaller single room so the room I had booked could be given to someone else, but I do not believe there to be any smaller single rooms available at this hotel. I was absolutely disgusted with this treatment and therefore will certainly not be returning. This was not the friendly and personable service I had expected to receive from reading the other comments on this site.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Emma P
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a last minute booking as we were visting relatives in the area and I am so glad we found a room here! I was travelling with my two children and so we had Room 2002 at the top of the house. It is up quite a steep staircase so probably not suitable for anyone that struggles with stairs but when you reach the room it is an intriguing self contained apartment, with everything you would need for your stay - well equipped kitchen, lovely bathroom and good sized bedroom with double bed and an extra single for my son. Ginny and Peter were ver accomodating, and fabulous hosts! The food in the restaurant was excellent and the breakfasts were also wonderful. My two children were even asked if they would like to help make their own breakfast which they thought was fantastic! Highly recommended and a great place to use as a base for visiting local attractions.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2002, but the other rooms and also self catering apartment in the garden were also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AlisonStafford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harleston
J.D.Young
The Old Ram Coaching Inn
The Old Ram Coaching Inn
#1 of 2 in Tivetshall St. Mary
Sir Alfred Munnings Hotel

Been to Rooms at no Three, Chameleon House? Share your experiences!