“Special occassion”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We went for my birthday treat and had a really superb meal, felt really special. Not many people in, but still got the usual excellent service. The food was fantastic. Never had a bad meal there yet!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A lovely welcome, very attentive service, lovely food. The Dove is a lovely boutique style restaurant with a very warm & friendly atmosphere.
We enjoyed Sunday lunch here, all 3 courses were excellent, as was the house red wine!

1  Thank NorfolkMax
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was taken to the Dove for my birthday after we looked at the menus of all the other local restaurants and decide that the Dove was the most appealing. We did request the Arnold Bennett soufflé as it is a favourite of ours that Robert does so well. A twice baked individual soufflé on a bed of leeks with delicious smoked haddock in a cheese source. I followed that with the chicken breast with chirozo and creamy mashed potatoes, delicious. My partner had the Blythborough pork with sweet potatoes which she loved. That was followed with a brûlée which again Robert does so well and I had the Lemon torte which was perfect. This was all delightfully accompanied by the house Merlot which is always faultless. As ever, the welcome and service was warm and friendly in delightful surroundings. The Dove is a true gem always worth trying.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

we went on their valentine dinner and stayed overnight the meal was well cooked and presented and mercifully we were out of the range of the music the room was clean basic but comfortable despite the double glazing one could hear the road breakfast was satisfactory we will return

Reviewed December 14, 2013

As a regular visitor to The Dove I must now give it the accolade it deserves.Wonderful food created and presented by Robert... then brought to the table by polite,personable and attentive waiting staff.Excellent wine list and although I am not a lover of French wine the house Sauvignon is very good and well priced.The welcome is always warm and friendly from Connie and the restaurant is so comfortable and homely with a touch of class.Although we have a wealth of good eating places in Norfolk you have to go a long way to beat The Dove.Oh yes I forgot to say I can't wait to go for a Christmas lunch tomorrow..and ...Boxing Day lunch. Looks like I can't get enough of The Dove!!