“THE place for lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kirkcudbright
“THE place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This has to be my favourite lunch venue in Cyprus. We have been going for many years. The pitta bread sprinkled with sesame seeds straight from their oven is delicious. I recommend the fresh calamari with salad.

A good place for a swim from their jetty.

Nearby is Soli archaeological site.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We often stop here when travelling in North Cyprus to have a light lunch. The lamachun is excellent, service good and location on the seas edge is superb. Prices are reasonable and the restaurant has upgraded loos so altogether a good experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Not liked, expensive, disrespectful.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been there as whole family with kids. The meal was ordinary but expensive. It was crowded but there were only few waiters running around. We were having our lunch when the owners and waiters suddenly stopped a passing car and started a big fight. We were shocked and kids were scared. Waiters returning from fight continued serving with torn shirts. It was unbelievable. Even though I am a local, I promised myself never going there again. I saw the "tripadvisor recommended" sign stuck on the restaurant window, so I decided to write this review. Keep away. There are many more nicer and more polite places to eat better dishes at a more reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cypriot71
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Quiet Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a pleasant stop for a drink on the edge of the sea
Pleasant staff very accommodating.

Meals are available but we did not eat there.

Prices seemed to me to be about average for this part of Cyprus
There were patrons present when we were there who seemed to be locals and who were enjoying a meal.
As locals eat there I would assume that the standard of the meals was good.

It was very quiet when we were there but then just about everywhere was quiet. Probably a sign of the international down turn.

Lefke is a little off the normal tourist route but was most enjoyable as being unspoilt by tourists

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jennifer259
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very expensive not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

For what we ordered the bill was shocking, I guess when they see people in z cars whom looks like might be a once off customer the bill triples. We did not enjoy the food, they brought a long bread hanging out of the plate touching the hand of the waiter as well as not so clean table.

My partner had fish, it was raw and not enjoyable, my meat was burnt and for two people the bill of 250 TL was very very expensive. First time visit to Cyprus loved it but will never stop at this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Andrew601

Been to Restaurant Mardin? Share your experiences!