“Abusive owner”

Hostel Nanina
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Abusive owner”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we checked into the hostel it seemed great. We decided to go for food in a local greek restaurant and when we came back there was someone trying to climb into my friends bed! We explained to her that they were our beds and we went to reception. The male owner could not have been less helpful. He kept srugging and saying it was n't his fault. We all didn't mind that much as it was early and it got sorted. The girl had to sleep on the floor :/
The next day we returned at around 11pm and we were totally exhausted. We couldn't wait for bed but you'll never guess! There was someone fast alseep in my bed. I went to reception and he decided to wake the entire room and he kept saying it wasn't his fault. Eventually when the sleeping stranger was removed from my bed I went to get in.
There was blood on my duvet and on the matress :/
I went to him again and I asked for a new duvet and possibly a new matress or matress protector. It was a strangers blood and yet he berrated me for asking!
He shouted at me calling me rude and difficult, and said that it wasn't his blood so it wasn't his problem! I eventually got too tired to argue so I resigned myself to the fact that I had to sleep in that bed. As I was leaving he shouted that I should ''Go back home to where I'm from''.
I just ignored this because I knew if I went back to confront him about his racism, there would be a row.
I have to say that I would never stay there again and I can't tell you enough not to.
He doesn't care if your bed has a bleeding stranger in it and will verbally abuse you if you ask calmly.
He was horribly rude and inefficient.
Do NOT stay here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Aine D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a decent enough hostel and was cheap but it did have several problems.

Firstly, it was quite a distance away from the city centre of Munich (and was outside the central zone so it cost more on the S-Bahn) however this did have the advantage of being nice and peaceful so it was easy to get to sleep. Linen also cost extra but it wasn't too bad. The rooms didn't have air conditioning though so it got very warm at night. Also as it's not in Munich it also means you don't get a free map of Munich (however you can get ones for 40 cents in the tourist information centre in the main square of Munich)

Secondly, there didn't seem to be a common room of any kind to meet other travellers (if there was one, they certainly didn't let us know at check-in) and there was no wifi or pcs to use which was rather awkward. They were also useless at giving directions, I had to use google maps to find out how to get there on foot (which is actually extremely simple so I have no idea why they can't put it on their website) as when I asked for directions they gave me ones for driving. Also be warned that the street sign for the street isn't visible coming from the station so it's possible to miss the turning (it's right after an Esso service station)

However if you don't care about the distance or the lack of wifi then it would be ideal, it wasn't anything special but it wasn't bad either. Clean enough and perfectly functional and peaceful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groebenzell
das seidl Hotel & Tagung
Stockwerk
Stockwerk
#1 of 2 in Groebenzell
The 4You Hostel & Hotel Munchen

Been to Hostel Nanina? Share your experiences!