“Idyllic hillside retreat.”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Valley View

Welcome to Valley View - the start of a wonderful holiday. The steps lead down to the front door.
Steps leading down from parking area to front door The light and welcoming entrance hallway and front door - the bedrooms are off to the left.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Steps leading down from parking area to front door
The large and comfortable lounge/diner with large screen TV, DVDs and games for those wet days.
The lounge / diner looking towards the door to the conservatory - the TV is to the right.
The attractive well supplied kitchen from the hallway looking towards the door to the conservatory.
The well appointed kitchen viewed from the door to the conservatory.
The master bedroom looking towards the patio door to the decking - hear the birds in the morning!
Another view of the master bedroom showing the corner shower and small TV
The attractive twin bedroom which is located off the hall between the two double bedrooms.
The second double bedroom with patio door out to the decking
The recently refurbished bathroom with over bath shower, basin and toilet.
The warm and airy conservatory - perfect for breakfast /tea /relaxing if you can't sit outside.
The sun trap decking - perfect for outdoor dining or just relaxing with a glass of wine.
The decking area looking towards the conservatory with the views over the valley to the right.
The lower garden courtyard area accessed via steps.
The centre of the village with the Castle Hotel and sea front seating.
The outside eating area at the St Brides Hotel in the village centre.
Boats at the top of Little Haven beach with the Swan bistro behind.
The beautiful sands at low tide leading from Little Haven to Broad Haven.
The wonderful sands at Broad Haven with Stack Rock in the distance.
Evening view over St Brides Bay from cliffs between Little Haven and Broad Haven.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Idyllic hillside retreat.”
Reviewed June 12, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic and beautiful place to stay. Very clean and comfortable with all the amenities that you will need. There were just the two of us, but there is more than enough room for six people. Only a short walk to three very good pubs/hotels. Small beach, but you are only five minutes drive from a fantastic beach at Broadhaven. Half an hour from St.Davids, where you have the cathedral, various boat trips to see puffins, various wild birds, seals and dolphins. People were very friendly and helpful. O.K. the weather is hit and miss- but it does not stop you having a unique holiday experience. The owner, David has done a great job with this property, from the unusual items, to the outside area with multiple bird-life. Highly recommended.

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you so much for your warm and positive review of your stay at Valley View. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that my efforts to create a welcoming, well-equipped home-from-home for guests worked for you and provided you with the base you were looking for. I am sorry that I could not provide you with better weather but as you say, there is so much to do locally no matter what the weather is and the cottage is equipped with entertainments to enable guests to sit out the odd storm in comfort and relaxation.
Thank you for being the perfect guests and leaving the cottage clean and tidy. I could hardly tell you had been there! You would be welcome back at any time.
David
Geoffhail...
Burton on Trent
“Comfy and very well located”
Reviewed June 5, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

The cottage is very comfy and spacious, but its main attraction to us was its location. It is just outside Little Haven, and was very quiet both day and night. The village is about five minutes walk down the hill - certainly no need to take the car to get to the pubs or the beach. Even better for us, just over the road there is direct access to a field and the Coastal Path, so we could quickly take our dog out for a walk. There are three pubs in Little Haven, all serving food. We liked the Swan, where we went three times, every time getting an excellent meal. There are no shops in the village, but a Londis in Broad Haven, and a large Tesco in Haverfordwest (conveniently on the road out to Little Haven). Our experience of the technology was good mobile signals for EE, Vodafone and Three. My EE phone had got a strong 4G data signal, and the cottage provided free wifi (speeds up to 6 Mbps ). There are a few steps down to the property from the road, and (as already mentioned) it is on a hill, so it wouldn't be ideal for anyone with mobility problems. The cottage itself is all one level, and the outside decking and conservatory provided a lovely space to lounge around in. All in all, very happy to recommend Valley View

Jun 7, 2017
Thank you for your positive review following your stay at Valley View and for your kind comments about the cottage and its surrounding area. I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and that you found everything as you would wish.
I am grateful for the tidy condition that you left the cottage in after your stay - it makes such a difference when I am preparing it for the next guests. It was a pleasure to have you as guests and you would be welcome back at any time.
David
Sue W
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I had to return as I knew how fabulous it would be - and I was right.”
Reviewed May 3, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This holiday home is the most beautiful I have been to. It is situated in a lovely welsh village and was ideal for me and a friend to walk the famous Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.We were lucky to have sunshine and more sunshine and then to arrive back to Valley View for relaxation. Feeding the birds, looking over the valley, walking down Strawberry Hill to the local pub and planning the next walk. We intend to make it a regular yearly get together. Thank you to the owner, David.

May 5, 2017
Thank you so much for this warm review. It was a delight to have you both as guests at Valley View again and it was great that we had a chance to meet this time. I know that there was a special reason for your visit so I am delighted that the holiday was a success for you and that Valley View provided you with the base that you wanted and you were not disappointed. I look forward to your next visit with pleasure.
adrianyou...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our stay in Valley View”
Reviewed April 29, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Wonderful accommodation. Very peaceful location. Few minutes walk from beautiful beach and coast. Highly recommended! We will definitely be returning.

May 1, 2017
Thank you for your warm review. It was good to meet you when you arrived and to see that the property was going to be in good and caring hands. Thank you for being model guests and for leaving the property in a clean and tidy state - it is much appreciated. You will be welcome back at any time and I look forward to welcoming you as guests again.
Steve T
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Valley View - wow”
Reviewed April 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We've just returned from a fabulous week at Valley View in Little Haven. It's our second stay and won't be our last for sure. The accommodation was fantastic last time and even better this time benefitting from significant investment from the owners adding to a very relaxing comfortable and well equipped place to stay. We could not ask for a nicer place to stay. We benefitted from great weather and made the most of exploring the very beautiful and peaceful surrounding area during the sunny days, and were welcomed in the lovely local pubs on the evenings. We were treated to visits from a cock pheasant and many other birds on the bird table outside our bedroom window every morning which added to the tranquility of the place. It's a fantastic place that we highly recommend to you

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you for your warm and positive review. It is so rewarding to know that my efforts to provide a special base for my first time and returning guests are proving successful and are being recognised. My aim is to exceed guests' expectations and I will continue to try to achieve this. Thank you for leaving the property in such a clean and tidy condition - it makes such a difference to my ability to prepare the cottage for the next guests.
deb3sc
South Wales, United Kingdom
“2nd visit”
Reviewed March 13, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Just got home from a 3 night stay at Valley View. We previously stayed here 2 years ago and it was just as great as the last time. It's a beautiful cottage in a stunning location. It's very welcoming and lots of nice personal touches. It's very comfortable and it's a home from home. There are 3 lovely pubs by the beach and beautiful walks to take. If you are visiting Little Haven, I would definitely recommend Valley View.

Mar 14, 2017
Thank you so much for your warm and positive review. It is a pleasure to welcome returning guests who express their appreciation of what I try to provide to make their stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. It helps me to remember why I do it!
Thank you for leaving the cottage clean and tidy - it makes such a difference. You will be welcome back any time and I look forward to your third visit!
bookitdan...
West Yorkshire England
“Excellent???? We didn't think so!”
Reviewed January 23, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Location was nice in lovely Little Haven.

However,we were there for Christmas week and were so disappointed at the level of cleanliness at the property.

Needs a complete refurb and deep clean.

No heating in bedrooms etc etc.

Photos available.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 30, 2017
I spent two full days preparing the cottage for these guests' arrival, scrubbing and polishing from top to bottom, putting up decorations including a tree, wrapping Christmas presents for them, and providing them with a bottle of wine and fresh flowers in every room. I went over the day after their arrival to resolve a temporary problem with the WiFi and I asked them both if all was well and if there were any problems. They both said independently that all was good and there were no issues.
I was therefore shocked to find a note containing complaints of dirtiness after their departure. If they had found the property to be dirty when they arrived why did they not mention it when I called over? They subsequently sent me photographs that they claimed were evidence to support their statements. However, they clearly did not realise that photos contain information on the date and time shot, and, on investigation, I discovered that they were taken not on their arrival but shortly before they left and after they and their 3 dogs had had the run of the place for a week. Contrary to the House Rules clearly set out in the Welcome Pack the dogs had been allowed into the bedrooms as evidenced by muddy paw prints and dog hair.
By email, the guests subsequently added complaints of cat smell in the property and non-operational heating in the bedrooms. I assured them that there has not been a cat in the 15 years that I have owned it as my partner is highly allergic to them, but they practically accused me of lying! The heating in the bedrooms had been switched off by previous guests as it was too warm and the method of switching it back on was described in the detailed Welcome Pack which these Christmas guests clearly never read. It later came to light that they had thrown it out with the rubbish so I had to prepare a complete new pack for the next visitors.

The guests who preceded and followed the Christmas guests left me very warm and positive reviews with no complaints following their stays. This is the first time that I have had such complaints as is evidenced by my 100% 5 star review rating and it has left me very upset and wondering why I bother. I now wish I had never accepted their booking.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing