“Best day of our holiday!”
Review of Simba Sea Trips

Simba Sea Trips
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Koh Kaew
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Simba Sea Trips is a family run company that offers group tours and private charters to the Phi Phi Islands and Phang Nga Bay, and just recently we have an amazing new ground based tour to Khao Sok National Park. We limit numbers to just 16, the smallest group tours in Phuket!!! Leave early and beat the crowds.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

So many good things to say!
The organisation and professionalism was truly outstanding , the tour guides were so friendly and welcoming as well as being extremely knowledgeable. I was not looking forward to the 6.15am pick up ( I was on holiday after all!!) but after getting to all the tourist spots before anyone else it was completely worth it. The food was brilliant and they catered for my gluten free request. The fact that they keep the numbers limited is brilliant- we met some great people that day and spent the entire day laughing- it really was the best day of our 2 week holiday! Thank you Simba for a truly unforgettable day!

6  Thank emily d
Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)
All reviews
in 68 reviews
"morning tea"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2014

Lucky to have Jenny the boss lady on board this "Phang Nga and Beyond" trip on 11/29/14. There were plenty of room on Simba II for the 14 guests and crew, plenty of refreshments, and the islands are just gorgeous - so many photo opportunities! The crew was friendly and tried hard to please. We had "James Bond Island" to ourselves by getting there before the crowd, we were the only diners at the restaurant at a Muslim village on Kho Yao Noi (ok food with a million dollar view). It was very thoughtful of them to give us a yellow hard hat (to protect the head from the sharp edges of the cave ceiling) and flashlight when we did the cave walk, didn't see the other boat tour guests wear a hat.
Jenny has a wealth of knowledge on Phuket, she made sure that every guest on the boat was attended to. Wished there were more time for the canoe part of the trip. The sea was calm, water warm, weather perfect, just a great way to spend a day.

2  Thank 1dragonlady
Reviewed December 3, 2014

My husband and I ended our three weeks in Thailand with two days at the beach in Phuket. We aren't lay on the beach kind of people so before leaving for Thailand we booked an excursion with Simba Sea Tours. We couldn't decide between two of the tours so we ended up doing them both.

On our first day, we were picked up early from our hotel in Kata for the Phi Phi Sunrise. If you are looking at either of the Phi Phi tours, just bite the bullet and get up early for the sunrise tour - it is worth it. We were some of the few people at each place we went for the day. The snorkeling was great! There were about 13 guests and 5 guides/boat crew on this trip.

The following day we went on the Phang Nga tour and also loved it. This trip is completely different than the Phi Phi but just as great. The canoeing through the hongs was amazing and we enjoyed the visit to Paynee island. I believe there were 12 guests and 5 guides/boat crew on this trip.

For both days, we were impressed with the Simba picnic and snacks that were included and the guides/boat crew were excellent. Sebastian took us to Phi Phi and Harry was our guide for Phang Nga - both made the day excellent. The boat is comfortable and quite nice.

We would definitely recommend Simba Sea Tours to anybody who has a day in Phuket.

5  Thank Kate B
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Yes, my hubby calls me the "Research Queen" as I do all the leg work for our holidays & he, the lucky fella, enjoys the fruits of my labours!! Simba Sea Trips - Phang Nga Bay and Beyond was voted my best and one I am particularly proud of!!! Yay me for discovering Simba. Unsurpassed professionalism of the crew (everyone has a Harry story, the font of all knowledge!!), with Games (Harry Junior), the Skipper and "Ting Tong mak mak", and Sebastian. The day starts early, is full, and all the way you are treated like good friends on a mate's boat! We explored every nook and cranny, taken safely in & out of storms, posed ungainly on rock faces and holding up James Bond Island, fed unbelievably well, watered, and hosed down with larrikinism laughter. We loved every single moment of this day, the beauty, tranquillity, the camaraderie ... and looking thru our photos over the weekend, we have voted Harry "National Geographic Photographer of the Year" . We love you guys! Kob khun ka (from Jane) and Kob khun khrup (from Steve)...the Aussies from the Sunshine Coast.

7  Thank LazyDays4Us
See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

After reading up on tours to Phi Phi we decided to book with Simba & I'm so glad we did! Everything was first class from start to finish. We did the sunrise tour - getting there before all the masses arrived (which was fantastic to have Maya beach to ourselves). The boat was in excellent condition & having a limited number of people on board meant there was plenty of room for everyone. The guide Sebastian was really friendly & made everyone feel really welcome. He really knew his stuff & kept us constantly updated throughout the day with where we were, where we were going & lots of history about the islands thrown in too. Amazing home made lunch (a real feast) on one of the best beaches I have ever seen. We were celebrating an engagement & Sevastian even leant us his GoPro camera to take some underwater pics together with the fish then emailed them over to us. Such a treat! A truly fantastic day & worth every penny. Look forward to doing it again next time we are in Phuket! Thanks again Simba!!

3  Thank CCHumphryes