Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Baywater was OK! Travel Lodge back home springs to mind! Basic! It lacked atmosphere! The room was spacious and clean and we had a small pool outside the room! The main pool was huge with a swim up bar that had very little to offer! We didn’t even attempt to try the breakfast...

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank PaulineDavidson
Reviewed July 1, 2019

So the good points are that the staff are lovely and really try to help. The problem is that they appear to be working in very difficult circumstances so you can’t help but feel a bit sorry for everyone. Of the 99 rooms I would guess that there was 20% occupancy at best which meant that the whole place had a rather strange feeling. We were the only ones there during the day which was very strange. On our first night we did try to have a drink and eat at the hotel but firstly there were no glasses of wine available and secondly I was unable to explain that I needed a vegetarian meal so we left and went to the Sala where we have stayed many times before. In fact I enquired about a room and we were nearly going to pack-up and move across!! However, we decided that was an expense too far! So we thought of the good points.....the room was lovely, especially after I got another chair moved in and rearranged the outside table inside so we could sit in the room! The pool was really good, both ours and the main one. So not all bad ......but definitely lacking the finesse of the 5 star hotel we had come from and the service we got when we went to the Sala. We thought we would try and support the hotel by having a meal there so on the second morning I went to Reception and explained what we wanted.....that night I had to buy a bottle of wine (surprisingly good!) and we did eat there.....big mistake.....I got a plate of stir fry veg and my husband 5 prawns with nothing else. We had eaten at the restaurant several times in the past but it had definitely gone down hill and we did not eat there again! At lunchtime my husband did have a sandwich twice and these were excellent. Breakfasts were very average. The gym was good but one day air con worked and the next it didn’t......I had many trips to Reception! So in conclusion.....it was ok but certainly not the standard I expect and it was very inconsistent. I felt sorry for the staff as they were lovely but language was a real barrier and often I had to mime things!! I guess it depends what you are used to and I found this hotel lacking finesse whilst it really does have the basics to be excellent....but needs money invested and training for staff.

Room tip: The club room was lovely
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank lynn977
Reviewed April 28, 2019

We stayed in the pool access room, which was great but the main pool is enormous with a swim up bar. (not open in quiet time). Had a great time here staying with friends in the next room and had a ball. Love the place and the beach about a 5 minute walk away is better than Chaweng, I think so anyway. Breakfast was pretty good too. Would stay here again.

Room tip: Stay in pool access rooms
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil M
BayWaterResortSamui, Manager at Baywater Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear : Phil M,

We would like to thank you for sharing with a great comment your stay with us on Tripadvisor.com
I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We strive to keep unforgettable your experience for all our guests and your compliments are very rewarding for our Bay Water Resort team.

We look forward to having another opportunity to provide you better experience in the future.

Bay Water Resort team and Management

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

The intention of scrimping this time round didn't make me think twice about picking this hotel over the others. A 4-star hotel shouldn't go amiss, so I thought... How wrong was I?!

To cut the long story short, customer service from reception, restaurant & room cleaning is absolutely horrendous! The private pool of our Pool Villa was unswimmable - pool water had a foul stench and the colour could put off anyone. By the way, the water pump/filter didn't even work, nor did the Jacuzzi. It took them more than a day before they sent someone over to fix them. Even after they fixed the Jacuzzi & pump, the smell & colour did not go away. What was the point if paying for a Pool Villa.

Rude and obnoxious staff and the place is really worn down. Stay away like the plague!

No more economising from my side.

Date of stay: March 2019
4  Thank 81dannyt
BayWaterResortSamui, Manager at Baywater Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear Danny,

Firstly, We would like to thank you for your shared experience on TRIPAVISOR.COM and please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. if we were not able to meet your expectations

Your feedback is much appreciated in order to improve our service from my team. your review is very important to us because it will allow to improve the quality of our hotel standard.

Raviwan Kruyjareon

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 12 nights in a pool access room which shares a pool with the next room. The room was spacious and clean with a comfy bed, good shower, big fridge and icy aircon. Staff were very friendly and helpful especially Rose who speaks excellent English and is really organised. Breakfast was included and there was plenty of choice. The pool is huge and it was always quiet when we were there probably because the beach is so nice. The village is lovely, everything is a short walk, plenty of restaurants, massage shops, laundry and money changers. Taxis to Bophut and Chaweng were 300thb and 400 to come back! We picked them up from the side of the Sala over the road. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BayWaterResortSamui, Director of Sales at Baywater Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Dear : E9360Y Jjoanneh,

Thank you very much for your shared a great comments about your stay at Bay Water Resort Samui on TRIPADVISOR Community We are pleased to learn that had a memorable holiday and that you are enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel . Your spacious room and Staff especially Miss Rose at the reception area.

We strive to keep unforgettable your experience for all our guests and your compliment are very rewarding for our team

We look forward to welcome you back to your second home.

Raviwan Kruyjarean