My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel late November / early December 2010. It is easily the best hotel we have visited.
At check in we were greeted politely and handed a refreshing fruit drink, hand towel and a Thai flower gift. The receptionist walked us through the resort pointing out areas such as the spa, and where to find the restaurant. We were shown to our Deluxe Balcony room number 71. rather than just leaving us at the door, the receptionist came into the room (where our bags had already been dropped off) and shown us where to find things and how to use items such as the safe, we found this very useful as it helps you to feel settled instantly , not that it would be difficult to do so as the room was fantastic (especially considering this is the lowest value type of accomodation in the resort,I cant imagine how good the villas are!)
The room was well furnished without feeling cramped for the size of the room, with a large flatscreen TV, DVD player (you can rent DVDs from reception) desk, sofa and simply the most fantastic four poster bed....you really don't want to get out of it in the morning! Th only issue we had was that there is a mat on the floor in front of the double doors that lead on to the balcony, as the floor was polished we slippedon it once or twice before deciding to roll it up and put it under the sofa.The bathroom was really beautiful too, but the floor gets very slippery as when you shower the water goes right over the sides of the bath (I am being very picky here!!). All in all the accomodation was beautiful, and the check in experience cannot be faulted.
The resort itself is fantastic, the first thing we noticed is that the whole resort smells gorgeous! really made a difference. There are two large pools (for the few guests who dont have their own private pool!) in a beautiful beachfront location. I didn't use the spa as I thought it was over priced ( you can get massage treatments nearby for a fraction of the price, but you do compromise the luxury that you would receive in the resort).
The breakfast served in the restaurant is very good, and the evening meals we had there were simply fantastic (the chicken satay, and masuman curry were my particular favourites). But there are many good restaurants on the island, our favourites were 'Zicos', a brazillian themed BBQ style restaurant,' The Cliff', where i had a fantastic steak, and 'On the Rocks', which is a lovely experience where you can watch the sunset then eat outside with a view of another island.
The best thing about our stay though had to be the staff at the resort. Housekeeping kept the room spotless, including an evening check where a staff member visits the room and lights your mosquito deterrents, empties bins etc and also leaves you a little gift such as Thai sweets. Security staff were always visible, and extremely polite, made the resort feel very secure. The reception staff were brilliant too, in particular a female member of staff called Kwan. Kwan helped us choose activities to do and was very knowledgeable and very polite. She also made us feel very welcome at the resort. We choose to go elephant trekking and to a tiger zoo, also for a snorkelling trip to Koh Tao (all very enjoyable).
Well I feel I have expressed how highly I regard this resort, but to really get the picture you should visit there yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon