“Honeymooner's Paradise..”

SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Choeng Mon
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Let me start by saying, I am one of those traveler who annoys the hell out of the hotel am going to by bombarding them with querieseven before I come. Sala Samui was no exception. And this time as it was my honeymoon I was even more inquisitive. I added the GM Mr. Dick Simarro on linked and started aaking him queries about things I had eother heard or seen in reviews about the place. He very calmly answered my queries and was happy to take on anynother question that I had. His team took care of all my concerns and requests and they made me so comfortable that I didn't even review any other place in detail. I decided this was the place where I'd take my better half to on our honeymoon.

People let me assure you, it was the best decision I made. From the hospitality of the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms everything was as promised. The pictures on their website truly mirrored the actual resort itself. We were treated like kings and queens. Greeted with a smile every step of the way. The GM himself welcomed us as we were checking in at the front desk. Everything had a personal touch to it. I would recommend every couple to go to Sala Samui for your honeymoon. You won't regret it.

In the end I would like to thank the Sala Samui team for this wonderful memory. We promise you we will be back next year to celebrate our anniversary. You guys were absolutely amazing. We are sitting in the hotel lounge as we have a late flight, and honestly we don't feel like going..

Mr.and Mrs Nizam

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sammomo
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear signature "sammomo",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at SALA Samui. We are delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay, and that we could live up to your expectations. On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forwards to welcoming you back on your anniversary next year !

SALA Samui Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,263)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

From the time we made the booking until we left, Sala went above and beyond in all that they did to make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. From getting to choose your soaps and pillows, to the pick up with the cool drink and refreshing towels, to making all the necessary dinner reservations, to organising a fishing trip for my husband, to meeting the GM as we checked in, to watermelon or iced water as you lay on the beach or beside the pool - Sala did all the small things right. Our air conditioning broke down one afternoon (it was very promptly fixed!) and the next day we came back to our room to find a bottle of Prosecco awaiting us along with a kind note apologising for the inconvenience. A very nice touch! I also did a spa day and it was relaxing and I was well taken care of. I loved the adults pool and kids pool idea :) We also made excellent use of the happy hour for the terrific cocktails made. Breakfast was also a great treat (along with Bloody Marys!)

My only request for improvement would be for the staff in the restaurant to perhaps make more eye contact with the diners so that they can see people who are requiring their service - from filling up a water glass to wanting to make a wine order or the like. It was a bit frustrating to have to wave your arm around to get some attention.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sala to anyone and we would happily stay again.

Dear "skybev",

Thank you very much for posting a positive review on your recent stay at SALA Samui !
We are delighted to read that you appreciated the small touches and details, and that it added up to you having a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us !
On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back in a near future,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have just left this hotel and moved on to Phi Phi. There is absolutely nothing we can suggest for improvements, everything was perfect, its a great hotel and a lovely location. You can always tell a good hotel when the General Manager, can always be seen and spoken to, whenever, and wherever! More hotels should learn from this.

A few tips - happy hour is currently between 2pm and 3pm, 5pm and 7pm, 2 for 1! Order a few extra just before the end and then call them off!

The Thai night is excellent, especially if you get this free if you stay enough nights! We were not there for the seafood night but understand this is also very good.

Plenty of bars and restaurants along the beach, there is a pasta night on a Saturday night on the beach a couple of hundred years away with live music and a fire act - this was great value, I swerved the pasta as I was too busy eating the tiger prawns, squid, muscles etc - a well kept secret so it doesn't get too busy!! The restaurant at the very end corner called Honey is also good.

Walking out in the sea right outside the hotel has stones and seaweed etc, so you don't know what you are walking on, however turn right for 100 yards and its then perfect.

There is a wine bar, supermarket, shops and restaurants just outside the front of the hotel, cheaper than on the beach. There is even a laundry shop for 35 bahts per KG.

The Friday night market is worth going to in Fisherman's village, there are plenty of restaurants, one called Bophut something which is also recommended by the airline as well as the hotel.

Hire a car for the day and do the island round trip yourelf, its cheaper than the excursions and you can go at your own pace and do what you want.

The massage in the hotel is very good, once again especially if its free if you book a number of nights, you can also get any type of massage on the beach at between 250 to 400 bahts per hour!

Thank you Sala Samu, we will be back!

2  Thank Tony G
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Tony G,

On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you very much for your extensive and very positive review of SALA Samui, and we would be delighted to welcoming you back in a near future !

Reviewed April 24, 2014

After 10 nights in a hectic Vietnam, Sala Samui was everything we wanted it to be and more. We were desperate for some relaxation and luxury which is exactly what we got. The staff bent over backwards to go out of their way for us and make our honeymoon extra special.
The breakfast was delicious. The hotel grounds, pool and beach were gorgeous too. Always well cleaned and maintained. There was never a moment where there wasn't a member of staff doing something to make sure that the standards did not slip. Oom from the restaraunt was exceptional and always went that extra mile to go out of her way, as did all the staff.
Upon arrival we recieved an abudance of gifts from sparkiling wine to chocolates, flowers, fruit. Our bath was filled with rose petals which was beautiful. Our private pool was clean and fresh towels were provided everyday.
It truly was amazing and I will defo be coming back to Sala Samui. It was the honeymoon we had hoped for. 7 Nights in paradise. This hotel is a must!

Room Tip: If you can, opt for a pool villa.
1  Thank NatashaWalker-Green

Dear Natascha Walker-Green,

Thank you very much for choosing SALA Samui for such an important life event as your honeymoon. We are happy to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back in a near future !

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Sala Samui…
When I'm thinking of the best way to describe this place in one word I have to choose… Paradise.
But when I'm thinking again it's not really fair.. because it's so much more…

The Hotel:
- The only true 5 stars in Samui which is really on the beach. Not even one step to get there.
- Rooms & Villas… Outstanding! Ask for Villa 19 if you want to get the best!
- Staff… I have been in more than 150 hotels last 10 years… No one even compare to the service you get from the Sala staff. Starting from the GM Dick and closing with UAM (the best Pool staff personal ever !!!)
- Pools… 2 great pools. Best in Samui.

The Location:
Those of you that traveling to Samui and take hotel in Chweng, Lamai ot BoPhat… You are crazy!
You are very lucky that you read this review so you choose ChoengMon beach for your stay (Sala or not Sala).
Quite beach, best view, great bay… The other beaches… ChoengMon don't see…

The Food:
Sala restaurant is outstanding. the special nights are assume (Thai, Sea and more).
The other ChoengMon restaurants are very good as well and you have a lot's of choices.

I mentioned the staff but I must do it again…
I don't really know how Dick the GM do it but he services they give the guests is not from this world!
During our 14 days in Sala we felt all the staff are part of our Family.

Thank you to all the Staff at Sala Samui.

We will be back.

Ori Ben Moshe

Room Tip: Pool Villa Suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Hapoel1976

Dear Mr Moshe,

Thank you very much for your extensive review of SALA Samui. We are genuinly happy to read that you fully enjoyed your stay, and on behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back in a very near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

First & foremost, the Garden Pool room we stayed in was absolutely beautiful. Pure luxury from the bed to the outside bathroom to the decking area to the plunge pool. It was the relaxing trip we craved and spending the day by our own pool was perfect. The staff are also very friendly and very attentive. We were spoilt and enjoyed every moment! Equally, the food and restaurants are exceptionally good - breakfast choice is extensive & well cooked; as is the a la carte menu and the small Italian restaurant at the front of the complex.

I have one word of advice. For those seeking peace & quiet, you should be aware this is a resort with families and children. I must admit, I was not aware of this at the time of booking. Of course, one cannot do anything about children & it's great for them with a huge pool, bar & seating/play area. However, unless you have your own private pool and you're seeking relaxation, you are unlikely to find by the main pool/beach. It wasn't what we expected - hence my rating of 4 rather than 5.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear signature "BrianSiers",

Thank you very much for posting a positive review of SALA Samui ! With regards to the children, we normally do not have many children, but in April there where Easter Holidays in Europe, and we did have a little bit more children during the school holiday period. Despite that, there are normally no problems, as we also have a "adults only area" around the black lap pool, and children are only allowed around the white "fun pool", and its a division that normally satisfies both. We are happy to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us, and we would be delighted to welcome you back !

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Sala is a beautiful resort with separate villas most with private secluded plunge pools. Staff are very attentive, helpful and friendly. There are children here so not the best place if you want a kid free holiday.
They have happy hour with 2 for 1 cocktails at the beach bar from 12-2 and 5-7 each day.
The Onsite restaurant is also excellent serving a wide range of dishes from around the world.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank NAshmead-Siers

Dear signature "NAsmead-Siers"

Thank you very much for posting a positive review on your stay at SALA Samui ! With regards to children, we have an adults only area around the black lap pool, and normally children are not a major concern for those seeking piece and a quiet relaxing holiday at SALA Samui. We are happy to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us, and we would be delighted to welcome you back !

SALOA Samui Resort & Spa

#13 of 184 in Bophut
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 103 in Chaweng

Been to SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!