“AMAZING! Worth it all”

SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Choeng Mon
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Perfect honeymoon getaway! We stayed in villa 35 which was next to the pool, restaurant, and steps from the beach. The villa was everything you could ever imagine and the honeymoon setup was great. The pre-trip accommodations were very detailed to make your trip totally customizable and to your liking. The staff is extremely polite and honestly trying to make your experience the best it can possibly be. You never seem crowded or rushed with plenty of room on the beach, either of the public pools, or in the privacy of your villa! The food was incredibly fresh and to die for.. Plenty of selection no matter your taste buds.

Can't give Sala Sumai enough praise! 5 star experience

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear "Durden P",

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at SALA Samui, and we are genuinely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us ! On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back !

SALA Samui Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Sala Samui provides great service. The staff are very friendly and provide a very welcoming atmosphere. I highly recommend massage/spa treatment at their facilities. Breakfast provided was of a high quality. The private beach is a little small for my preference but it is still peaceful and not crowded. The room was very cosy and relaxing with a good sense of privacy. This place definitely provides value for money spent.

Room Tip: Pool villa
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear signature "Resortcruz",

Thank you very much for posting a positive review of your stay at SALA Samui, and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us ! On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back !

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We Stayed at Sala Samui for our honeymoon in a private pool villa for 2 weeks in February.
The room was outstanding and the service was the best I have experienced anywhere.
The resort is also in the nicest area with a fantastic beach and great restraunts and bars down the road.
we are already planning our return trip and will definitely be staying at Sala again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear "scottghilton",

Thank you very much for your positive review of SALA Samui, and we are happy to read that we provided the ideal setting for your honeymoon, and we would be delighted to welcome you back,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visited Sala Samui in April 2010, and I got engaged here. That alone makes Sala a special place to me. I have previously stayed at various top hotels and resorts (including Bvlgari Bali, Four Seasons Phuket etc), and I still think this is one of the most outstanding ones. The villas are spacious. The food (i still remember the curry) was yum. The service was outstanding.

I rarely stay at the same hotel twice, but because I loved here so much that I am finally going back at the end of this month after years! Stay at Sala if you are planning on a romantic getaway, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Pool villa!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We are regular travellers and I picked Sala to celebrate (surprise of course) my partners 50th, However a couple of days earlier, I strained my back at work. Two Osteopath visits later and i was all good, until the the time i got off the plane in Koh Samui. Imagine my disappointment, the feeling of disrupting my partners holiday for the 4 out of the 10 days that i was bedridden. Management and staff went out of there way to make up for my own mishap and throw in, 2 x Complimentary Dinners + drinks for 2 + Massages 1hr for 2. Manager Dick even offered to pay for any medication... Now I know what a Great resort with the fantastic staff experience is all about....... Alex.P.

Room Tip: ROOM TYPE : Sala Pool Villa - Double
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is the kind of place that features in glossy travel magazines. Spotless white walls, perfectly manicured gardens, beautiful lighting all around - the design feels modern and yet has the traditional warmth that defines Thailand.

We stayed in a Garden Pool Villa, which had all the amenities we could need, and more. The pillows (which can be selected from a pillow menu) were heavenly and my wife was thrilled with the many lotions to choose from. The pool was sparkling clean and large enough for two people - a little over 5 feet deep with a small platform to sit inside as well. The pool area has sufficient privacy with high walls and smart design. The outdoor bathroom was again spotless and very spacious with a bath tub and rain shower.

A short walk from the room leads to the restaurant area, with 2 beautiful pools. The breakfast had an amazing variety of Thai and continental food, and the eggs made to order were fantastic.

Choeng mon beach is a small crescent of soft white sand, forming a bay where the waters are very calm. Though the water at Chaweng was much clearer, the waves were rougher too. In contrast, Choeng mon is perfect for kids, or for people who prefer to just float about in gentle waves.

There are a few good restaurants on the beach with brilliant food, and Sala Samui itself has seaside buffets (though we chose to go out at night.)

The location is a bit far from the action of Chaweng/Lamai, but close to Big Buddha and the Fisherman's Village (which has a buzzing night market on Friday). There are plenty of restaurants, stores, money changers and pancake carts around, and cabs/songthaews keep passing by.

In all, Sala Samui is an absolutely stunning place with friendly staff and lots of quirky little details that will make you smile. Perfect for honeymooners, or anyone looking for a relaxing piece of paradise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank z_glass
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear signature "Abhishek P"

Thank you very much for your extensive and very positive review of SALA Samui, and we are genuinely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, the service and as you point out the small details that made you smile ( did you by any chance try table Nr 9 ? ), and on behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back in a near future,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had an excellent experience at Sala for our honeymoon. I would quickly recommend anyone to do the same, but just expect to be paying more along the way - WITHOUT being nickel and dimed.

The Good:
- Service, people were exceptionally nice, courteous, and made a great effort to make our stay pleasurable
- Facilities, pristine, clean, beautiful, quiet, intimate. We had the perfect room without anything significant to disturb us - aside significant mosquitoes
- Breakfast, the best breakfasts I have had to date, with a smoothie bar, wonderful coffee, a wonderful a la carte menu, and a great local and Western buffet
- Beach, I was politely solicted once, there were no stray dogs, it was quiet, it was beautiful, security had a discreet presence, and there most of the beach fun items you would like (ex. kayaks) without competition to get a nice seat

The Medium
- Location, there were reasonable options to walk out and eat. However, cabs were more expensive in this area and there were limited beach eating options. It was not difficult to go elsewhere though!
- Other meals, my wife had a lunch she enjoyed and we had a dinner that was basically a $100 CDN a head for something that was very very overprice for the area. If I had paid $50 per person in Toronto, I would've thought it was medium - in Thailand it was not worth it

The Poor (minor!):
- Tour Guides, while very accommodating, our hotel provided guides that basically couldn't speak English. They were excellent in every other regard, but when I hire a significantly upcosted private tour at a 5 star resort, I expect the guide to speak my language.
- Rocky beach, the visible beach itself is gorgeous and sandy, but as soon as you start to swim, there are numerous sharp rocks under the water.

Room Tip: We didn't have a beachside villa, but there was quite a gap between the beach and the villas (20...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!