“Perfect excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Choeng Mon
Hong Kong
“Perfect excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is my second visit , in 2006 November I 've stayed 4 nights for my honeymoon stayed in Sala pool villas, which was wonderful, 7 years later, I thought mind as well to visit again to,celebrate my wedding anniversary.

You would think the hotel is not that new , the equipment might be getting old, as soon as you reached the room your memory just come back as if 7 years ago,excatly the same, the function and outlooking keep it as new.

May be it is low season, we were luckly upgraded into junior suite, the room is huge, but surprising that hotel is extremly care of guest feeling, they found out that we (my wife and me )both birthday during the stay, we received 2 birthday cakes, especially to my wife after the breakfast .

What can I say, we make a good choice to come back to Salasamui, for sure I will back again , We really enjoy the stay, actually during my stay weather in here is terrible, non stop rainning, but its good that I spend most of the time in my suite to enjoy the swimming in heavy rain.

Thanks all the staff in Salasamui with your lovely smile.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank TBman
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Resort And Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear signature "TBMan",

Thank you very much for your great review, and we are happy to read that you again enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the hotel "just as you left it" 7 years ago. On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forwards to welcome you back a third time !

SALA Samui Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at SALA Samui Resort for our honeymoon. On our arrival we were given delicious welcome drinks made from tea and I was given a fragrant jasmine flower garland to wear around my wrist as a welcome. We were escorted to our room where we were shown the hotel and its amenities. There is dried guava and fresh mandarins offered in the rooms as well as a "pillow menu" in which you can pick the type of pillow you desire and housekeeping will deliver it to the room. As it was raining, my husband and I decided to relax for the afternoon in the deluxe suite we booked. There was a toddler staying next to us that was quite fussy and loud and after a day of travel we were hoping for peace and quiet. My husband called to ask to be moved and the staff was quite helpful. They had a room available in an hour. We asked if there was another type of room available now and we would pay the extra cost. The manager generously moved and upgraded us to a SALA pool villa free of charge for the 2 nights we were staying. This was a very unexpected surprise and the pool villa was spectacular. We have stayed in a few pool villas before and this pool was the cleanest we had seen. Breakfast was included in our stay and the hotel offers to deliver it to the room free of charge. This was a nice touch and although the hotel grounds and beach are beautiful, we didn't have a reason to leave the villa for our whole stay. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Anything we ordered to the room was delivered promptly. If and when we do return I would be sure to book the pool villa as it gave us the privacy and luxury that we desired and would be worth the extra cost.

1 Thank 507et
Dear signature "507et",

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at SALA Samui, and we are pleased to read that we lived up to your expectations. On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back in a near future,

dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the sala Samui with a friend.

This resort is quite special. Ten welcome is typical Thai, very friendly. The room was smallish but the outdoor area was spacious and cooling. The outdoor bathroom was interesting.. The room cleaning staff were so pleasant and so efficient. The room was spotless.

The 2 pools and the beach area were perfect. So well cleaned and maintained by attentive staff. Special mention has to made for Uam. This man is amazing. Ha made the poolside so enjoyable and relaxing throughout. And happy hour added to the funtimes!

The food was gorgeous, especially breakfast. Occasionally the chicken felt like it had been recooked, especially within rice dishes. The restaurant locations was perfect.

I enjoyed a facial in the spa. Quite expensive for Thailand and definitely the spa is not fancy. Not sure if I would return there. Not worth it relative to other spa hotels that I have been to about the world.

The main criticism that I would have to make would be that there was a big difference with the attitude that I received when I was alone versus when my friend arrived. I was alone for the first two days. Throughout this time I was invisible. I never received an a la carte menu for breakfast, had to physically find someone for coffee etc. Being served was an ordeal. This changed once I had company. This would worry me if I had been here alone, and I travel quite a bit alone.

Overall though this is a lovely hotel, on a lovely stretch of beach. Beware the Mosquitos though! They are everyplace...

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fionadesmond
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Resort And Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear signature "fionadesmond",

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We have taken good notice on your comments of being a single traveller, although it is a bit surprising, as we do give the same service to single guests as to couples. The only reason, might be that as we mainly have couples, and that when we approach the "single" guests in the restaurant, they normally ask us to wait with until their partner/spouse arrives, and hence there might have been a mistake in that they believed your partner was due, please accept our most sincere apologies, and thank you for pointing it out, and we will take appropriate measures. We are pleased to read that your overall stay was good, and we would also take the opportunity to welcome you back on a future stay,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed on the deluxe balcony, which is the 'cheapest room', can't believe it, great value for money. The outdoor bed on the balcony is great for reading and lazing. The beach is fantastic for tanning, it is great for a moonlight walk with your love one, even on a moonless night.
We did the Signature spa package on arrival and it make us feel great after. We did the Couple Choice spa pack too.
Of course, the breakfast is great and the shuttle to Chaweng Tops helps too for some shopping.
We love the place and we will come back to Sala Samui again, most definitely.
We like to say a great thank you to all the great service staff that really run the place.

2 Thank Photofont
SALA_Samui_GM, General Manager at SALA Samui Resort And Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear signature "Photofont",

Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvisor ! Wea re happy to read that you appreciated the services of the hotel and the attention from our staff....and with regards to the beach of Choeng Mon, you are absolutely correct that its ideal for a moonlight walk, (with or without moon) - being a secluded and romantic beach far from the "hustle and bustle",

Kind regards & welcome back !

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

For once the professional photos of the resort really don't lie: Sala Samui is much more than a hotel, it's a tropical seaside paradise.

Everything is immaculately clean, from the two pools, to the restaurant , to the beautiful Thai beach. The food was some of the best we had throughout our travels, and although it is a little pricier than other offerings, it's worth the extra money. The two happy hours (two for one cocktails) help you make your money back!

We spent most of our time sunning ourselves on the beach. There is a man selling corn on the cob, which is a must, and Thai massage is on offer. There are sun beds around the pools as well, both of which are the perfect temperature and so unbelievably relaxing. There are private pool villas, and many people writing reviews on here recommend getting one. They do look incredible, but the luxury balcony apartment we stayed in was cheaper and just as private. The balcony apartments are on top of the resort's cheapest accommodation, in an area surrounded by green grass and palm trees.

I would wholly recommend staying at Sala Samui. If the accommodation and the food don't tempt you, come for the staff alone. They are without exception the most friendly, professional and helpful staff we have ever come across. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ben W
Dear signature "Ben W",

Thank you very much from the entire resort for your warm recommendation, and we are delighted to read that you appreciated the services of the resort, and we would all be delighted to welcome you back !

Young
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the minute you enter the outside reception area you are made to feel special .We were greeted with an iced tropical juice and a personal welcome from Dick the resort manager. As our flight was an early arrival we were offered breakfast before we were taken to our room, Sala Pool Villa. The room and everything about this Resort is truly 5 Star. Make sure you have the Thai Banquet at the restaurant. I could go on forever about this place, believe me you will not be disappointed in anyway.
PS Dick don’t forget to buy the Paddock Pass at the Formula 1 Grand Prix next year. Cheers

Room Tip: We had room 5 away from the pool/restaurant area which was very quite we thought we where the only o...
3 Thank Stuart W
Dear signature "Stuart W",

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a positive review of SALA Samui on Tripadvisor !
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the services of the hotel, and I will follow your recommendation !

SALA Samui resort & Spa
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at this resort. The service was phenomenal, we tipped the staff regularly. The food was amazing, and the massages at the spa were out of this world. The only negatives were the heat/humidity and the mosquitoes - unrelated to the resort itself. Bring bug spray!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The_Chos
Dear signature "JenC_in_OC"

Thank you very much for your positive review of SALA Samui on Tripadvisor ! We are delighted to read that you appreciated the food & the services of the resort...and we are sorry that you experienced any mosquitoes. We do have an intensive pest control system in place, and we have intensified it over the monsoon period,-but it is difficult to completely eradicate that problem being in the tropics, -but we try to keep it at a minimum.
On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcoming you back in a near future !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Mon
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#6 of 187 in Bophut
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,792 reviews

Been to SALA Samui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!