Arriving at Koh Samui airport is always a nice change from the vast, major airports, with endless tunnels and walkways. You disembark via stairs to waiting buggies, which transport you the short distance to the small terminal.
If traveling business class, it is usually less than 15 minutes from landing until you are exiting the airport with your bags. If economy, I would advise you get to immigration quickly as there tends to be queues which can be a somewhat sweaty wait!
The hotel car was waiting with a friendly driver, for the 10 minute drive to the hotel.
The hotel is a collection of low rise buildings, with tropical plants frangipani and banana trees all around. The main restaurant and two pools are situated right on the beach. The beach is sandy and situated in a beautiful cove.
We stayed in a pool villa, which is single storey and not overlooked. Lovely room - "outside" bathroom, although private, takes a bit of getting used to. Having a reasonable sized private pool is fantastic - great space to relax and enjoy in peace and privacy.
The Thai food from the beach restaurant is truly outstanding. The soft shell crab is one of the best we have eaten. Take this, with a table looking across the beach and out to sea, and it is a truly memorable occasion.
Breakfast at the beach restaurant is also very good. A good balance between buffet and table service options (all included in the price).
Enjoy decadent holiday cocktails during the two happy hours - 2-3 and 5-7, great value!
If there is one area I feel needs improvement, it is in staff experience. The staff are all friendly and smiling - as are most Thai people - they do seem inexperienced though. Attention to detail in housekeeping is needed. The restaurant staff perform their tasks efficiently but empty wine glasses constantly ignored or trying to get someone's attention are small examples. Reception being asked something on 4 different occasions over two days and still not actioning. In a hotel of this standard, I would expect better.
On a positive note, the service provided by Uam at the pool/beach bar was excellent. Always aware and helpful without being intrusive.
Overall, an enjoyable and relaxing experience. Lovely room, great location and outstanding Thai food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon