“Authentic food, great atmosphere and good for kids”
Review of Pecore Nere

Pecore Nere
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Choeng Mon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: International cusine with an Italian Touch !!! a Range of Meat from Australia Japan and USA , Italian Classics and Specials top Thai And Asian Dishes European Managment Great Selection of All around the worl Wines
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here with my husband and 2 year old. Food was very good, authentic and fresh with thin crust pizzas made in a wood fired oven and pastas made in house. Our son had a nice time too as they had a small slide and some animal rides he could play with. To top it off we got a free shot of rum and dark chocolate, perfect ending to a very nice meal. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Really nice & cozy restaurant with great food.
I tried their truffle pizza’s, ceasar salad and their hamburger is incredible, went there often with my fiancée during our Samui stay.
Best Margarita ever tasted she said.

Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Great little restaurant serving authentic wood fired pizzas. Menu was extensive - huge choice! Kids loved it as they were looking for a alternative to Thai food! Lovely staff, friendly and chatty! Crazy ride on toys for younger kids. Slightly disturbing but highly amusing! Fab food, lovely wine, great staff. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Rating Stars: ⭐️ 4

I was recommended here by friends who have lived on Koh Samui for a few years hence took their advice seriously. Being me I did research it and actually went for dinner on the Friday night and was sadly disappointed as it was closed with no reason. I thought it odd that it was shut but was unsure whether or not to return as there are so many restaurants on this island to try.

Went back the Saturday evening as I was absolutely dying for some authentic western food as local is great but there are limits to constantly eating the same food continuously. By this stage I had been on Samui four weeks.

Views: Based on the main road it looks onto the hustle and bustle of traffic passing by, hence nothing great about the view so this restaurant is based upon pure reputation which rightfully is great.

Location: Located conveniently on the local Songthaew route which kind of the local bus service or easy to catch a taxi from anywhere on the island.

Food: Eyeing a real pizza wood fire oven as I walked in I really hoped that this experience would be great and I definitely wasn’t disappointed at all. They serve a free starter of focaccia and tomato which I notice is a trend in this particular area which is always a lovely touch for guests. My margarita with mushroom and pineapple with extra cheese pizza was light, thin crusted perfection. Also had a starter ravioli which was utterly delectable.

I was impressed that they had San Pellegrino water as it’s my personal number one choice. Great touch as it’s difficult to have everywhere.

For the people who drink alcohol they serve you complimentary chocolate rum which is a good touch but may I humbly suggest something more neutral as not everyone drinks.

Décor: Quite basic, simple and pristinely clean. I could easily sit happily knowing that nothing going to unexpectedly crawl from somewhere. That’s always my challenge in places.

However... If i was just walking past, I would of passed it as just another Thai restaurant trying to call itself an Italian name. Surprisingly the decor was Thai oriented which I found surprising as there was no need not to carry a full Italian identity being such an amazing Pizza and Pasta place. I really thought it odd as the menu was fully Italian too... Yes, 3 top Asian and curry dishes but is entirely norm to have a slight diversity to menus in all food choices irrespective of which direction your food is chosen. Understand the red of the Italian flag 🇮🇹 Still...

My little opinion would be to create an Italian haven amidst the majority of Thai restaurants hence standing out as Italian culture opposed to blending in and quite frankly it was very confusing and under other circumstances if it was closed and not highly recommended I might never have gone back and enjoyed such wonderful food. Perhaps tone down the Thai as the basic furniture is wood so it’s relatively easy to amend?

This island is geared to tourists so it’s differentiation would matter to people who are looking towards a specific food type. Most restaurants here offer wildly varied menus of tons of choices from every part of the world. It really seems like they trying to cater to every taste. Hence this could be stand out as it’s very specific Italian and International cuisine. Maybe there is a reason...

Ambience: Very child friendly with little tigers to ride on and a slide for little ones. Oddly enough while the staff attends to you it all feels a tiny bit stiff. Cant quite place my finger on why I felt like this. Some places just envelope you I suppose because of the manager/ owner warmth and touch. On the Saturday evening there was lovely live saxophone player which created ambience. Perhaps it’s me but I can’t but help think it was slightly too loud for such a small space, he should be slightly more back as it’s difficult to chat to each other.

Staff service: Service is slightly laid back but in typical Thai fashion always professional, friendly and smiling. I thought it would of been a nice touch for the manager or owner to greet the customers but perhaps they were busy even though it was very early with very few tables occupied. Somehow it always feels like a better experience when that personal touch is added. Such a pity as it has the potential to be wow!

Pricing: Costs were average and worth it for the food being so great. Portions are huge and pizza is full of ingredients and very large so completely value for money. I could only eat two slices and the balance of six I definitely took back to my hotel as it was too good to waste!!!

WiFi: Yes

Overall experience: Would most definitely return for the phenomenal Italian food as it’s tough to only eat Thai. If I lived here it would be a firm favorite. This is certainly not the black sheep of the family 😍

1  Thank life_of_rushni
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I went here with my son, not a great lover of Thai food, for a quick pizza. We entered pizza heaven. Fantastic food and fantastic atmosphere.

2  Thank Samfra