Stayed at the Boathouse for 13 nights with my husband and 2 children in May 2009.
Its a great place to stay, the location is just perfect. This was our second visit ( the last being in 2006) and we were very glad we chose to revisit this hotel.
The staff are excellent, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are all so polite, courteous and pleasant, they really do make you feel special. Whilst there we were invited to a cocktail party held by the hotel by way of thanks for choosing to stay there. During the party our photo was taken and when we checked out we were presented with a framed souvenir photo of it to take home with us which we thought was lovely.
We had interconnecting rooms which were very spacious, clean and comfortable, the housekeeping is excellent.
The hotel grounds are beautiful, gardens etc well looked after.
Apart from breakfast, we ate outside of the hotel. Recommendations include Crystals on the beach and Charlie Chaplins. Specially recommend that you visit Kearo's (near the 7 eleven on the main street outside the Boathouse) It is run by a lady on her own who is lovely, she does all the cooking, serving etc herself and is a genuinely lovely lady. The food is great too. She used to work at Bongoes on the beach before it shut down and she remembered us from then, she even remembered my sons name.
We went into Chaweng a few times in the evening and although its a great vibrant place with some good shopping and restaurants, I was always glad to get back to the Boathouse for its peace and tranquility.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon