My wife and I have just returned from our first Asian experience and were so glad we chose to spend it at the Imperial Boathouse hotel.Ignore all the petty comments some people make -this is an excellent hotel with wonderfully friendly and helpful staff.The rooms and facilties were of a high standard.We were upgraded to a premier room because one was available.The setitng is wonderful-immaculate gardens and pool complex were perfect-direct access on to probably the best beach in the area-very safe, shallow and never crowded. Always plenty of sunlounges by the pools and beach.We had the experience of a mini monsoon one afternoon which soon blew over and returned back to hot sunny weather-it was reassuring to see how the hotel dealt with this.The breakfast was very good with all the usual choices to cater for European and Asian customers.The special events for Songkran(Thai New Year) were very entertaining with excellent food.Yes you do pay more in the hotel than out on the main street or beach restaurants but that is to be expected.The two nights we ate at the hotel were about £15 each for a monster Thai buffet.
Go here with absolute confidence that you will be well taken care of in an amazing setting.
Eating out-the beach restaurants at night are really atmospheric with the sea only a few metres away and they are good value too with meals for two costing £10-£12.Meals on the high street in the choice of small family restaurants are cheaper still and a must to be done-all good food but our favourite was Carol's next to the pavement noodle bar(she is a Thai lady by the way).
Visits-don't use the hotel or travel agent reps!You will get charged significantly more.Directly outside the hotel is a Tour Company run by a lovely Thai lady and they are a third cheaper on all the trips.The Nathong National Park day is a must for 1500 bharts(£30)--awewsome day and value for everything including speedboat trip, kayaking, food, drink, snorkelling, beach buffet and sight seeing tour,Quad biking or elephant riding -you'll be tired but what a day.
Clothing-lots of people travel light and buy clothes in Thailand.We researched all the local tailors for value, quality and service and by far the best place to buy your personally made to measure suits, dresses, shirts and anything is ARMANE Tailors on Cheong Mon main street.Mr Osman and his assistant David gave superb service,quality clothing and great prices-I bought two suits, two shirts and my wife bought three tops-they gave us two fittings to make sure everything was to our satisfaction and even ran my wife around on their moped to go to the hotel to collect some of her belongings.No I didn't get anything reduced for saying this-I just wanted to recommend the best tailors in the area so you don't waste time searching around others.
Finally, you can't come here without experiencing the beach massages.We went to Ning and Mi two lovely Thai women who operate on the beach, 30 metres to the right when you go on to the beach-250 baht(£5) for an hour -if you decide to have a massage you should give them a try-they are so friendly and work really hard..................we went nearly ever day for the Thai aloe vera which helped with the sunburn!
Enjoy-Gary and Dawn Dodds-Derbyshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon